10/23/12, The Day Apple Jumped The Shark

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iphone joe, Oct 23, 2012.

1. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

We are now getting a better idea of life after Steve Jobs and I don't like it.

To screw people with another product upgrade after only a few months is despicable. What about the poor people that just bought an iPad last month? This is a real bad move.

2. matttye macrumors 601

Newsflash: their iPads still work. Do you think before you post?

3. gadget123 macrumors 68000

They could have released ipad mini March.

I hope this is a one off as the iPad will get a one year cycle.

Even iPhone 4S only lasted 11 months though.

4. adztaylor macrumors 68000

The people who bought an iPad last month still have a fully working brilliant tablet a month later. Oh and your Steve Jobs comment is rubbish, he would easily rip you off given the chance.

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

What about the people who bought the 16gb nexus 7 & now there's a 32gb for the same price

Google is despicable smh...

6. iphone joe thread starter macrumors regular

iphone joe

You obviously have zero business understanding and are just a geeky fan boy.

7. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

Yes, a 100 billion dollar company should skip out on holiday sales to save your feelings, makes sense. :rolleyes:

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Do you have the third gen iPad? You probably don't know how these consumers feel who JUST bought the third gen iPad.

9. matttye macrumors 601

Actually it's the geeky fan boys who complain that their products are no longer the latest and greatest. :)

10. Skika macrumors 68030

Man those poor people no having the latest iPad. There truly is no justice in this world.

11. Mortalias macrumors 6502

Mortalias

If a poor person is selfish enough to complain about a perfectly fine tablet being marginally updated, then I have a hunch why they're poor to begin with.

12. matttye macrumors 601

If Apple brought out an iPhone 6 tomorrow I couldn't care less.

13. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

You obviously have 0 business sense, which is why Apple updating all of this before the holidays makes sense. Name-calling someone who disagrees with you on the INTERNET just goes to show how sad of a life you actually live.

14. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Releasing a refreshed popular product just before the holidays is ZERO business understanding? Wow :rolleyes:

15. baummer macrumors 6502a

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It isn't a big deal that they may not have the latest and greatest.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You're kidding right? Zero business sense to understand your product that you bought 6 months ago still works? Come on. If you're a business and you chase technology then it is you without the business sense. There are a few businesses that would be an exclusion to this, but overall, businesses should not chase the latest and greatest. There's really no point.

18. aka777 macrumors 6502a

If you are not "geeky", then these specs are irrelevant to you.

Don't tell me you view a depreciating consumer product as an asset. Because that would be ironic from someone accusing others of having no business sense.

19. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

I agree somewhat with the OP (and others have stated threads with a similar gist).
    The iPad mini is a mediocre product. It appeals to those who MUST have an Apple tablet in that size, but does not compare well in specs or price to the competition.
    The iPad 4th gen is what the 3rd gen should have been. How many people on this forum b*tch about how Android phones keep on being rolled out and old phones become obsolete in mere months? Well, Apple has just done the same thing with the 3rd gen.
    As I just stated in another thread - in the future the iPad mini will be viewed like the iPad 1 - a nice but poorly implemented product that will be seriously out-of-date in a year.

20. smellysox8 macrumors regular

Wrong. They jumped the shark with the iPhone 4S.

21. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

I exercised a modicum of patience, and now I'm going to get the product I wanted. An iPad Mini. People who are too impatient and compulsive to wait are now reaping the fruits of their actions. If you are kicking yourself now because you have "The New iPad" (whatever it's called) instead of the iPad 4, you should be aware that you still have a Retina iPad with the same memory, wireless connections, buttons, OS options, etc. The only thing you don't have is a slightly faster processor, and a Lightning connector (which is still USB 2.0 based, so, wild benefits there).

TL;DR: I was patient, and now I'm not whining like a child looking at someone else with a toy that's five minutes newer.

22. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

So this didn't happen in 2007 and 2008 when there were 4 new MacBooks in an 18 month span?

23. maccompatible macrumors 6502

Doesn't the iPhone 5 prove it isn't all about specs? It has half the specs of the S3 and is still just as fast, if not faster. So why are we bringing up specs for iPad mini? The obvious high point for the keynote was software. Look at our wonderful software on a device that is being diversified to fit more people's needs.\

And how is making a better product jumping the shark? Everyone knows about Apple's upgrade cycle. If they liked the iPad 3, they bought it and are most likely thrilled with it. If they wanted more, they waited, and are most likely thrilled they didn't have to wait a year. I DON'T GET THE COMPLAINING? I thought macrumors was a place for people that actually liked Apple?

24. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Only on MacRumors would an update be considered a despicable screw job.

Get a grip and a life ... you choose the order.

25. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Screw people over? I didnt hear anything in the keynote that said you HAVE to upgrade to the iPad 4. There's this word in the dictionary called CHOICE. You should familiarize yourself with it. This may be a bad move from YOUR standpoint, but its perfect for Apple by aligning all new product releases before the holiday season. Besides, these new iPads weren't just invented within the last year. They've been worked on for quite some time. So more than likely, Steve Jobs did have a say in this. I love how people always say that a product is a bad move something along those lines but Apple keeps shattering their sales records year after year. Besides, have you seen how many "top of the line" Android devices get released every other month?