10.5.3 changes to lead to speculations(tuesday)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by trainguy77, May 28, 2008.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Since the other threads are so long. Post any changes that you guys find that might lead to new products. Strings etc.

So far i have found two things using the filemerge comparison. Something called AOS.bundle Its completely new and shows up in a couple places. Also Googlecontactsync is new. I haven't had a chance to view all the changed strings, there is alot. But many of the graphics drivers were changed

EDIT: and of coarse the brail files are new too.

2. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

imacs?

Possible new imacs? Or just a display fix. There are new files for imac displays. However, why would they make new files if its for the old imacs wouldn't they just edit the current files? Its in system>library>displays>overrides>DisplayVenderID-610>DisplayProductID-9c7e There is a couple mentioning imacs, and a couple just saying "Color LCD". Some of them were created as late as may 23 at 1:30 AM.

And the google sync icons look kinda cool. I wonder what it is used for. Syncing with gmail? or for something else?

EDIT: there are new high res icons of the iphone and ipod touch as well. Just like the Mac icons, very similar idea.

EDIT2: I know way to many edits, but I also found another imac thing, system>library>systemprofiler>spplatformReporter.spreporter/contents/resources/SPMachineTypes.plist it now contains iMac8,1 this is new. However, could these changes just be things that were shipped with the last imacs? as it wouldn't make sense for a new update so soon. Someone with the new imacs should check this.

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

4. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

Yeah thats what i am thinking. But what are the other new monitor profiles for?

And the AOS thing? Its something to do with .mac syncing.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

6. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

The only thing i have found of interest is new color profiles for "Color LCDs" normally it says imac, or Apple Cinema etc. But these don't say what the product is.