10.5 Leopard benchmarks

danman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2002
Well, I haven't seen any, and I'm killing time, so here is a X-Bench 1.3 side-by side of 10.4 and 10.5 running on an ageing 800Mhz Lamp iMac with 768Mb stuck in it. (my home machine.. I have intel macs at work, but I doubt Ill get the time to do same on those..)

Well.. 10.5 is, on every metric, faster than 10.5 - I get the feeling it's a bigger jump than from 10.3 to 10.4, but that was a while ago now :)

So, aside from the Preview software blah blah blah, it all looks pretty rosy for another speed jump, and another lease of life for that ageing hardware!

Attachments

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
danman said:
Well.. 10.5 is, on every metric, faster than 10.5
Good to know (is that even possible) ;) :p :D (i think you're first 10.5 should be a 10.4 but I couldn't resist.)

Seriously, that does sound promising news, makes it more likely I'll be installing it the day it's released, I can't wait!

gnasher729

macrumors P6
Nov 25, 2005
danman said:
Well, I haven't seen any, and I'm killing time, so here is a X-Bench 1.3 side-by side of 10.4 and 10.5 running on an ageing 800Mhz Lamp iMac with 768Mb stuck in it. (my home machine.. I have intel macs at work, but I doubt Ill get the time to do same on those..)

Well.. 10.5 is, on every metric, faster than 10.5 - I get the feeling it's a bigger jump than from 10.3 to 10.4, but that was a while ago now :)

So, aside from the Preview software blah blah blah, it all looks pretty rosy for another speed jump, and another lease of life for that ageing hardware!
I just went through those of my collegues who would have access to Leopard, and I think none of them has one of those iMacs at home. Just glad that I am not working with someone who is so stupid to risk a well-paying job by breaking an NDA on MacRumors.