iPad Pro 10.5 Video is underwhelming

Discussion in 'iPad' started by frankandsteph, Oct 5, 2017.

1. frankandsteph macrumors newbie

I have been using my iPad Air 2 to record my kids soccer games and it has been fine. Works well in daylight, mediocre under the lights. So I picked up a 10.5 Pro and the results are less than stellar. Take a look at this 5 second video. I do not see anything like this on the Air or my iphone, just this new fancy 10.5!

[​IMG]

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

3. frankandsteph thread starter macrumors newbie

Should be up now

4. 960design macrumors 68030

Video unavailable.

But, from the picture I can make a couple of assumptions. Pointing any camera at a large light source in the dark is a definite no-no in photography/videography. Try getting higher up and pointing down on the field so that the light is not shining directly into the sensor.

I professionally live stream events ( typically at night ) as part of my job to over 150 countries.

5. dojoman macrumors 65816

Any cameras you point directly at light source it will look crappy no matter what. It's not the equipment fault more like operator.

6. CrystalQuest76 Suspended

If you can't change your seating location, try tapping and holding down on a particular area of the iPad display that you want to focus on. The AE/AF Lock will be triggered and that might adjust the lighting focus to what you want.
    Here is a tutorial that i found. The tutorial talks about photos the AE/AF Lock also works with video on the iPad.
    How to Use iPhone AE/AF Lock.