10.6.6 App Store OS out

Discussion in 'macOS' started by woj027, Jan 6, 2011.

1. woj027 macrumors newbie

Just downloading it now..

114.8MB. slow download...

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

3. Photics macrumors regular

I've been waiting for this... as a reason to restart my Mac. :)

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Looks like it includes MAS. Downloading it as we speak

5. junker macrumors 6502

junker

Same here. I really hope this isn't a bad idea for developers. I also hope that the App store isn't always communicating with my computer...

What is MAS?

6. iSimx macrumors 6502

iSimx

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

It's been 37 days for my MBP!

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Mac App Store

9. junker macrumors 6502

junker

DOH Thanks.... I did think that might be what he meant, but I then thought that would be redundant to the thread itself! :)

10. aidler macrumors member

...confirmed :)
    no new iWorks though.

Attached Files:

11. Photics macrumors regular

12. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Wow. That popped up earlier than expected. But why am I complaining? Downloading now :D

13. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

14. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Also downloaded. The apps that are already on the store are far from great though. I guess with time it will become much better.

15. jamin100 macrumors 6502

Angry birds, lmao...
    that game gets everywhere

16. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Look under the game, "chopper 2".. one of the reviews is from Jan 5th (yesterday)

17. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

I can't get anything to download. Get an error 100.

Tried to get a few apps and no luck.

18. AFPoster macrumors 65816

19. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Lots of updates for me today. Been holding out lately.:D

20. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

Very underwhelming so far, as expected though. Hoping to get Angry Birds soon, another reason to play it again! :p

21. MacHiavelli macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

http://technologme.com/apple’s-mac-app-store-opens-for-business/3355/

Apple® today announced that the Mac® App Store℠ is now open for business with more than 1,000 free and paid apps. The Mac App Store brings the revolutionary App Store experience to the Mac, so you can find great new apps, buy them using your iTunes® account, download and install them in just one step. The Mac App Store is available for Snow Leopard® users through Software Update as part of Mac OS® X v10.6.6.

“With more than 1,000 apps, the Mac App Store is off to a great start,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We think users are going to love this innovative new way to discover and buy their favorite apps.”

The Mac App Store offers apps in Education, Games, Graphics & Design, Lifestyle, Productivity, Utilities and other categories. Users can browse new and noteworthy apps, find out what’s hot, see staff favorites, search categories and look up top charts for paid and free apps, as well as user ratings and reviews.

Entirely new apps, as well as current Mac favorites, are available from developers such as Autodesk, Ancestry.com and Boinx. iPhoto®, iMovie® and GarageBand® apps from Apple’s popular iLife® ‘11 suite are available individually in the Mac App Store for $14.99 each, and Pages®, Keynote® and Numbers® apps from iWork® are available for $19.99 each. Aperture® 3, Apple’s powerful photo editing and management software, is available for $79.99.

“We’re delighted to bring our professional-grade paint and drawing app, Autodesk SketchBook Pro, to the Mac App Store on its first day of launch,” said Carl Bass, Autodesk’s CEO. “We’ve seen tremendous success on the Mac, iPhone and iPad with multiple apps. We’re excited to offer SketchBook Pro on the Mac App Store so artists can easily create everything from quick sketches to high-quality artwork right on their Macs.”

“By offering the Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker app on the Mac App Store, we’re making it even easier for people to discover and access their family history,” said Tim Sullivan, Ancestry.com’s CEO. “The Mac App Store will drive a new generation of innovation on the Mac platform.”

“We’re thrilled to have our award-winning animation, video production and photography software available on the new Mac App Store,” said Oliver Breidenbach, Boinx Software’s CEO. “The Mac App Store makes it easier than ever for consumers to access all the innovative software designed for the Mac.”

To get the Mac App Store, download the Mac OS X v10.6.6 Software Update or visit www.apple.com/mac/app-store. To find out more about developing for the Mac App Store visit developer.apple.com/programs/mac.

22. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Updated my fleet of Macs without issue. Poking around the store.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

More Apple ****.

24. Photics macrumors regular

$4.99 for Angry Birds?!

I think iOS has skewed the way I view app pricing. I thought it would be 99¢.

Pixelmator for $29.99 looks good though. Perhaps I found my Adobe Photoshop alternative.

25. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Sorry to be a party pooper... but ii have found a wee bug already!

I was amazed to see it knew which Apps I already owned... like the iLife apps....

Until i scrolled down and it didnt register that i have the latest iWork apps, including todays update to them....!!

Small but still there.