Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Photics

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
it didnt register that i have the latest iWork apps, including todays update to them....!!

Actually, I was just about to post that it knows I have iWork apps.

Screen shot 2011-01-06 at 9.17.28 AM.png

It says, "Installed" ...and that freaked me out a bit. How did it know that? I thought I would have to upgrade iWork before it would be part of the Mac App Store.

PreetinderBajwa

macrumors regular
May 30, 2009
HK
MBA 11.6" booting for ever

I downloaded the update through software update, it restarted the MBA and said "updates failed, both updates not applied", "reboot". :confused:

So, i said yes and now its on gray screen with the rotating thingy for the last 5 mins, hard rebooted also and its same - gray screen with rotating bezel in dark gray..... forever...:mad:

Looks like the update trashed my 11/6" MBA ultimate :eek:

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
What I notice is that if an app is already installed, the Mac Store knows it, despite the fact that it wasn't bought through the Mac Store.

h4mmer34

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2011
Can every macbook get the MAS? Because i am going to Software Update and it says everything is up to date.

deeesea

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2010
the app store crashes on me whenever I try to install something. Anyone else experiencing this?

migsev

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
I can't download ANYTHING. I get the beach ball whenever I try. It just freezes. Anyone else having problems?

deeesea

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2010
I can't download ANYTHING. I get the beach ball whenever I try. It just freezes. Anyone else having problems?

Yup, thats what I'm getting.

Do you have an optibay/SSD set up? maybe that's whats causing the hang ups :S

knewsom

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
Sigh, my iMac won't boot now, after installing the update. *grumble* Had to boot into windows to complain. Time to go searching for the OS discs.....

Update: partition is corrupted beyond Disk Utility's ability to repair. Will need to wipe and restore data from backup. Been about a month since last backup was made via CCC, so copying a few updated documents and some iPhotos to my iDisk via windows. Weeiiirrrd.

Last edited:

andy007

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2006
UK

Same issue here as well. Tried doing some reboots etc and still get the same problem. Browsing is fine though just freezes when I try to buy something. Maybe its just due to the traffic???

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
I couldn't get Twitter to install for a while, due to the same beach ball problem. Once I linked it to my account, I tried again. Still no luck. Then I searched for Twitter instead and clicked the buy button from the search results page and it installed instantly.

Don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but it worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.