10.6.8 Snow Leopard about to lose YouTube access...

Princess Cake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Cheboygan, MI
Right now on Snow Leopard (yes, some of us still use it) there is one viable web browser- Arctic-Fox https://github.com/wicknix/Arctic-Fox/wiki and YouTube is now starting to warn people using it that it'll soon no longer be supported.

Now, I don't know about you all but losing YouTube really is a major loss and unless Arctic is updated for support (prob won't be at this point due to antiquated code) Snow Leopard will no longer be a suitable daily driver and move into the "Obsolete" category.

I myself don't quite know what I'm going to do, I'm using a 2010 iMac and so I'm limited to upgrading up to High Sierra which bricked another of my iMacs resulting in me going back to Snow Leopard in the first place.

Ugh... ranting over, I needed to vent my frustration on this and wanted anybody else who is still using Snow Leopard's opinion on this browser situation.

acorntoy

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2010
If it makes you feel better I have a late 2009 running High Sierra working just fine. I’d say backup and try the jump.

Princess Cake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Cheboygan, MI
I got in touch with the maker of Arctic Fox and it looks like its a problem with Google themselves They're removing the legacy version of the YouTube UI which is causing the warning.

In his next release of the browser he's gonna make it so we use the modern YouTube interface (unfortunately)