10.7.1 is Out!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Mr. Wonderful, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Wonderful macrumors 6502a

17.4MB update for me on a 2011 MBP.

Fixes issues with Videos in Safari, Optical/HDMI audio output, and some other things.

Such a small update means it probably doesn't do much, if anything, besides the listed features.

Still waiting for new HD3000 drivers... 10.7.2, maybe.

2. ideal.dreams, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011

ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

It's about time! :D

Edit: It looks like only 5 items are addressed and dual monitor support doesn't look like one of them. Hopefully it won't disappoint me, updating right now.

Edit #2: Just rebooted, I'm very disappointed and that is an understatement. It took them a month to push out this tiny update and it barely fixes anything. I have an external monitor that might as well be a paperweight when using full screen apps, because to Apple, it obviously makes sense to make an app full screen on a 17" monitor instead of leaving it on a 24". 10.7.2 better fix this damn issue.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

4. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

About damn time!

17.4 megs on a 2009 13”. Not much fixing, huh?

5. mrtravel123 macrumors regular

I noticed!!

Mine is downloading now. :)

PER THE DOWNLOAD INFO...

"The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
    Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
    Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
    Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
    Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion"

6. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

sigh. they took a *month* to fix just these 5 things in a 17mb download? Here i was expecting a 200mb update fixing *all* (or even most) of the stuff that is wrong with lion.

Guess they just have time for their developers to work on iOS5 and iCloud instead of making iLion workable.

7. bozzykid macrumors 68020

I would imagine most of these fixes were ready right around the time Lion was released, but they probably didn't want to release a patch update so close to release.

8. mrtravel123 macrumors regular

Remember the thread about WHEN 10.7.1 would be released? I hope that you weren't waiting for the developers to see it first. We'd still be waiting.

9. lukekarts macrumors regular

10. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

17.4 on a 2010 17". Just installed it, I'm not sure if I can tell a difference yet or it's just all in my head, I'll report in in a bit.

11. adztaylor macrumors 68000

12. Sankersizzle, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011

Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

Opening folders in Launchpad is still jerky. That is one of my biggest peeves in Lion, because people always assume my computer is lagging or something, which it isn't. Yes, before you ask, I'm a dork.

13. Infernos macrumors newbie

I hope it helps. I resolved a lot of my issues by doing a clean install of Lion. I started with 10.5 and upgraded each time from there. I had almost 3 years of updates, applications, and who knows what else on there. The upgrade to Lion went fine, but there were a lot of problems. Audio, video, the mouse jumping around the screen, and really bad performance in general. I finally did a clean install and things are better. I still have issues with the mouse jumping into the corners and turning on the screen saver, so hopefully that gets resolved somewhere along the lines. Performance is much better without all that legacy stuff hanging around.

14. rangen, Aug 16, 2011

rangen macrumors regular

rangen

Most of us work hard for [our] money, and we expect basic functionality at least, while yes, expecting some bugs that don't interfere dramatically with your workflow.

15. MovieCutter, Aug 16, 2011

MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Seems like your computer is working just fine...I consider being able to complain on an internet forum "basic functionality". That being said, YAY FOR HDMI AUDIO FIX!!! My poor theater Mini has been waiting for this one...

16. rangen, Aug 16, 2011

rangen macrumors regular

rangen

Alas, you have low expectations of your system.

17. bill-p macrumors 65816

Well, looks like Snow Leopard shall serve me for a longer while.

I half expected "improved battery life by reducing redundant usage of GPU for animation" somewhere in there, but perhaps I was expecting too much.

18. lukekarts macrumors regular

19. blipmusic, Aug 16, 2011

blipmusic macrumors regular

Lion shipped with blatantly obvious bugs that are obvious even to the lightest user, such as UI bugs that frankly shouldn't have passed any QA, but especially not Apple's QA. One would hope some of those to be fixed in an update, such as 10.7.1, wouldn't you?

Just saying "creating drama over the shape of an icon" shows what level you play on. Acting like that in any kind of development environment would have you outside the door in seconds.

When does it become necessary to care about a bug/change? At what level do *you* deem a bug worthy of fixing? As long as it doesn't affect *you*, is my guess. Meaning that, as long as *you* are not affected by bugs others are affected by, those "others" become whiners in your opinion.

20. canadianpj macrumors 6502

21. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

For ****'s sake Apple, **** them, seriously!

22. blipmusic macrumors regular

Lion Tweaks at least gives you a front end to do just that, among other things. Doesn't really solve the problem, though.

23. 50548 Guest

To all pundits who mocked when I said there would be NO developer seed for 10.7.1:

WHO IS YOUR DADDY NOW? HOW DOES YOUR CROW TASTE?

I EXPECT AN APOLOGY FROM EVERY ONE OF YOU, THANKS!

24. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.