10.7.3 "Issues"

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ac3320, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ac3320 macrumors regular

ac3320

I even did the Combo Update. I am about ready to just re-install and/or Time Machine back to 10.7.2.

Currently it seems like everything is super laggy. I get beachballs all the time, and Safari cannot seem to download anything. I am getting constant "cannot write file" errors and "connection reset by peer" errors.

My system just feels like poop all the time now...

here is a console readout of the last "blackout," as I am calling them, when I just get a beachball for about 3 minutes or something...

2/7/12 9:56:40.148 PM com.apple.backupd: Error: (-36) SrcErr:YES Copying /Users/Anthony/Desktop/Unknown (2011).m4v to (null)

Seems like Finder/backupd thinks that this random file on my desktop is messed up or something, but it plays fine...

?

2. prissynb macrumors newbie

mac lagged after update to Lion 10.7.3

I have a macbook air latest I5. I have the same problem. Never seen beach ball before. Web surfing everything is slow. Can anyone help?

3. sjackson12 macrumors member

my issue is that my system is recognizing discs put in the superdrive anymore.

4. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

My applications that lag the worst are Mail and Safari. Safari has been awful since 10.7.3. I get beach balls all the time. Internet speeds are slow, and sometimes Safari just refuses to use the web at all. I'll even get the "you are not connected to the internet" crap. Firefox and Chrome still seem to work just fine. Clearly not a connection issue...

5. PirateMonkey macrumors member

I don't get lag but finder now throws up stupid random errors, this stopped after I turned off time machine and moved on to silver keeper, although not as good, a backup is a backup, plus I have iCloud so I'm not overly concerned just yet, but I'm quite annoyed at this poor excuse for an update that seemed to throw all my lovely setting out of the window when my finder preferences went corrupted!

6. ac3320 thread starter macrumors regular

ac3320

Re-installed 10.7, then did the combo update right after. Did not restore using Time Machine, and did not migrate data with Migration Assistant. STILL getting the horrendously stupid "connection reset by peer" error with Safari. Oh, and every single freaking download yields me a nifty "Safari cannot download [blah] because you do not have enough free space [blah]." Deleted the plist file in the ~User library, but still getting the joto Safari behavior.

I am not venting because I think anyone can help me, I just wanted the other posters to know that they are not alone in their retarded 10.7.3 experiences.

That said, it would not surprise me if a fanboy popped up on here to defend this release, saying something to the effect "everything works fine for me, must be on you." Idiot.

7. mac mac mac macrumors regular

I have nothing but problems with Lion, and 10.7.3 made it even worse. I downloaded the Final Cut Pro D trial, and it was running fine in 10.7.2, and now I get beach bells and crashes after I updated to Lion 10.7.3. I reset the computer several times, reinstalled the 10.7.3 combo update, and reinstalled the trial version of Final Cut Pro X. No luck. What's wrong? I can't do anything. I got bought thing iMac back in December so I have the latest hardwares. I'm extremely disappointed in Lion and the quality control by Apple lately. Anyone have any clues what's wrong?

8. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I have seen no issues on mid 2011 air and mid 2011 mini with 10.7.3.

9. ac3320 thread starter macrumors regular

ac3320

I had foreseen this...

10. phobox macrumors member

For me the experience seems to be the other way around. I was plagued with problems right from the start with Lion. It was usable most of the time but random app crashes and various little issues were starting to take their toll. But since I combo updated to 10.7.3, almost everything has been better. I cant explain it. I do agree though that generally speaking Lion has been more problematic than previous major OS releases, heres hoping Apple continue to work on fixes.

11. Skoopman macrumors 6502

Really? The apps of my Mini started a lot slower after the 10.7.3 update. I had to do a clean install to fix it.

12. wpotere Guest

Having some of the same issues. I am so close to going back to SL.

13. The Economist macrumors 6502

The Economist

Everything works fine for me, it really must be you.

14. dknightd macrumors 6502

Name calling is against forum rules . . .

15. jertronic macrumors member

100% of my wake ups give me zero internet connection.

My time machine back is done manually once a week. The latest update seems to affect only my internet connection reliability. The small function of internet connectivity is only the biggest component of my personal computer use.

It seems like this is a confirmed issue, right? I have not called apple yet.

What say you MacRumor members. Options?

16. ac3320 thread starter macrumors regular

ac3320

I can't tell if you are seriously taking offense to my hypothetical "fanboy" or not.

17. ClassObject macrumors 6502

ClassObject

18. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I was very weary of installing the update after the initial brouhaha over the delta and combo versions, but I decided to go ahead and do it a couple of days ago as I slept. I can say that my Mac is actually FASTER than 10.7.2. I don't know how I lucked into this, but I only see beachballs with quite a few RAM and video card/processor-intensive apps running in the background and I try to start another app, and only then it's only for a few seconds. I'm running the latest MBP with an i5 on 8GB RAM and a brand new 500GB hard drive (was DOA when arrived, got fixed by store).

Hmm...

19. ac3320 thread starter macrumors regular

ac3320

what?

----------

Mexico, eh?

20. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

@ac3320

I had major issues with the delta update but the combo update has proved to be fine so far, spotty wi-fi notwithstanding.
    I presume you`ll tell me I`m a lying fanboy for saying this though because, surely, anyone who does not have your problem is simply posting to wind you up. :rolleyes:

As an aside, not sure why someones location being Mexico is of any relevance unless you are trying to insinuate something...

21. ac3320 thread starter macrumors regular

ac3320

I presume you realize that half of the people who posted with 'no problems' did so simply to "wind [me] up."

22. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Sigh... yes we are all sitting here on the edge of our seats simply waiting for the chance to wind ac3320 up, it`s all true. ;)

23. SgtP3pp3r macrumors member

24. Yogakun macrumors member

I had no issues, until I updated to 10.7.3. I thought at first it was my router, but whenever I have zero connection from wake up or my internet wifi drops all the other computers in the house are connected.

25. bkitchen0406 macrumors member

Hope this helps some of you.

I had a lot of crashes just like most of you after the update. I uninstalled flash on my MBA and since then I have had no problems. All my software kept crashing before not just safari. Flash has to be uninstalled by downloading a program in the link below.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90906.html

We all know apple hates flash, but looks like they may be 100% done with it now. Just a guess.