10.7 Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicolerork, Jul 22, 2011.

1. nicolerork macrumors newbie

Normally I am pretty tech-friendly, but this is just boggling my mind. I just upgraded to 10.7 last night and I'm having a couple of issues with the OS. First thing is that when I use the scroll wheel on my mouse, it's reversed. If I scroll up, it actually scrolls down; vice versa.

Second is that everything is showing up in weird characters - attached the screenshot. Any help would be appreciated, it's quite frustrating. Thank you!!

Attached Files:

2. crashdebris macrumors newbie

I can't help you on the font issue, but the scrolling is how Lion is supposed to work. I too thought it was backwards, but I found in a few reviews that it was a consious decision on the part of the designers to chnge the scrolling to be like it works in iOS.

Try to think of scrolling as moving the document instead of moving the view. If you still can't get it to work in your head (fingers) there are settings in the prefs panel to use the classic method for scrolling. Of course you probably can't see it cause the fonts are messed up!

Hope this helps.

3. Twinsbb17 macrumors member

The biggest bug I've found so far in Lion is when I wake my 2010 iMac from sleep. My trackpad and wireless keyboard won't reconnect. The bluetooth icon will show that BT is on and my peripherals are but it will not connect. Putting the iMac back to sleep and waking it up again won't do the trick either. I have to do a hard restart and turn the peripherals off to get them to reconnect.

BIG headache when all I want to do is check my facebook/google+/twitter/linkedIn/email/WUPHF

4. EtherealDJ macrumors newbie

You can alter the scrolling by going to the 'Trackpad' in System Preferences and the selecting the Scroll & Zoom tab. The option you need to DESELECT is the 'Scroll Direction: natural'. Simply remove the check in this box and the scrolling will be back to how it was before Lion :)

Hope that helps.

5. nicolerork thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the tip! Unfortunately since my system font is all screwed up, I can't really access anything right now :\

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

There's a bunch of graphical glitches with Lion on my computer.

7. nicolerork thread starter macrumors newbie

I was able to dig deeper into this issue by downloading "TinkerTool" and looking at the screenshots on the website to manuver my way around. Apparently LastResort is set as my System, Messages, Labels,Help Tags, Window Title Bars and Utility Bars. I'm not sure how I can revert this to default Lucida Grande. Any ideas?

8. tongteh macrumors 6502

i am seeing quite a bit of graphical glitches as well. rather annoying i must say. worst apple os update in my opinion. Been a user of Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion, none of the first two caused as much problem in comparison to Lion.