10 reasons apple may be really smart with Leopard Release

Discussion in 'macOS' started by janitorC7, Oct 8, 2007.

1. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

There are a number of apple stores closed as of now. I have seen first hand the Sherman Oaks, CA store, Glendale, CA store, and the Century City, CA store, all of which are closed (however apple had opened a few temporary mini stores, so i could buy my nice new bluetooth keyboard)

Anyway, I have heard that there are also many other stores that are closed, the official reason that apple gave me, and is posted on the doors is renovation. I have heard reports of this in other states as well..

What I think is most substantial however is that they are all (from what I can tell of the ones I have questioned about) set to reopen (not at normal hours) on October 10th (this wednesday).

Now, as a developer, I know that Leopard has not yet been marked GM, which surprises me.

However something else occurred to me, and while I feel a little like a conspiracy theorist saying this, October 10th is 10-10. Would be an interesting idea to release the next version of OS X (10) on 10-10. and with the stores set to reopen that day, it just seems a little coincidental to me, to not have some relevance

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

They should really hang on for another couple of years, then, to make it 10/10/10. ;)

3. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

Maybe we will see XI on 11-11-11, at 11:00 maybe.

I know the idea of using dates may seem a little juvenile for a company to use, but it just seems to odd that they are all opening back up on that day from renovations, and opening at an abnormal time

4. bartelby macrumors Core

I think using that time and date may be seen as a little crass.

5. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Nice historical reference, but I don't quite think OS 11's release will be as momentous an event

6. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

equate XI with ceasefire, peace....

unlikely, but jobs may just be egotistical enough to do it....

but thats off topic, I think the 10-10 thing, seems possible. The question would just be why is it not seen as GM to Devs yet...

7. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

Well, I was looking and I think that this is not related. I don't know, but I only saw (in California) three stores that were renovating. South Coast Plaza, Sherman Oaks, and Stonestown. Stonestown and Sherman Oaks are opening back up on the tenth, but South Coast Plaza will be closed from October 15 to November 3. Who knows?

8. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

Century city closed about a week ago, I think it was the same day as Sherman Oaks.

The Northridge one never closed though.

One of the NYC stores in closed (cousin tried to go buy an iPhone, ended up at at&t instead)

and I heard some rumblings of some other closings. Including the Apple Company store, granted its not an Apple Store, but none the less

9. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

First of all, I'm not sure about Century City.

It also looks like both SoHo and Fifth Avenue Stores are open. I don't know. Maybe Apple is trying to cover up that so many of their stores are closed?:rolleyes:

10. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

[snip]

Just because Developers haven't been given the GM or had it posted to the ADC does not mean it hasn't gone GM.;)

11. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

I'm not sure what store he was at in NY. as for Century City, last I checked it was closed, I'll call my girlfriend and have her check it out, she works at See's candy a few shops away...

12. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

but historically they have, right?

13. hotdamn macrumors 6502

I am begging for a verbatim transscript of that conversation.
    "Hey, some guys on the MacRumors board were wondering if..."

14. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

along the lines of, "Is the apple store still closed, if you be a good girl and find out, I'll make it worth your while..." She gets to use the iMac next, its her favorite, she likes it, says "I have a new Boyfriend, he's black and 20 inches". But all joking aside.

She said that the store is still blacked, has black boards over it, says "blah blah blah, making better, blah blah"... and then there is a map to a temporary store, like the one they have at 3rd street. Just a small mini store, only stuff on the sides, just like a few computers and some iphones and ipods. She said that it didnt have a re-opening date on it though.

15. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

at best we could hope for is the date of release

16. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

it would make me quite happy

17. nownot macrumors regular

ya i really hate how apple is hiding the rls date. and by hate i mean i love it its just killing me.

18. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah it'd make a lot of people happy. if my predictions are correct, they should announce the date this week ;)

19. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

as of now, im taking my pc off my desk for my new imac, and making a cart online

20. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

They have been doing these renovations all year long and one after another around the country. They were doing them as early as April this year. The COmpany store is not closed as I was in there Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday last week and a fellow co worker in there on Thursday. I think it is good peculation but these things have been going on regardless of the release.

Kevin

21. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

...putting the pc back on my desk...

well, i have noticed some apple store have an "aqua-ish theme", like theres is glass in the store and stuff, the newest apple store in my area, like 1 1/2 old, has a different style, a style that complements leopard and apples new thing, aluminum products, the walls are literally made of aluminum, as in the old apple store, they have glass seperaters a stuff, more like tiger

22. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Wonder what's in that cool-aid you are drinking?:rolleyes:

23. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

I have a stock pile of Apple Kool-Aid™

only about 7 years old.... :p

24. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well lets hope this time is different ;)

25. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

if only 10-10 was a tuesday :rolleyes: