Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarsonJones

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
I bought mine June 14...called apple and asked if I could still get the promotion and they said yes I'm eligible still to call the store I picked it up from...I called the store and they said the same thing after looking up my transaction.

johnjey

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Northern CA
hahaha i spent 4 mins on customer care and now the GIFT CARD is on its way to my inbox :) thanks guys :):):):)

Have to figure how to get the best buy to pay me something for the ipad mini i got last week

Subhumanguy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
hahaha i spent 4 mins on customer care and now the GIFT CARD is on its way to my inbox :) thanks guys :):):):)

Have to figure how to get the best buy to pay me something for the ipad mini i got last week

Did they already send it to you or did they tell you that it would be 2-3 weeks? When I called this morning they agreed to e-mail the card; however, she said it would be 2-3 weeks and then she verified my email address.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
Did they already send it to you or did they tell you that it would be 2-3 weeks? When I called this morning they agreed to e-mail the card; however, she said it would be 2-3 weeks and then she verified my email address.

I was told the 2-3 week thing also, and verified my e-mail address.

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL
I ordered my MacBook Air on June 11th and it arrived a week later.

Just called Apple, and they refunded me $100 of that purchase because somehow they were unable to provide me the gift card.

Great customer service 

luisito

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2012
I ordered my MacBook Air on June 11th and it arrived a week later.

Just called Apple, and they refunded me $100 of that purchase because somehow they were unable to provide me the gift card.

Great customer service 

Wow. Just like that. Good guy Apple never stops impressing me. They really go the extra mile to make us feel happy and fuzzy on the inside. :)

johnjey

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Northern CA

Yes, 2-3 weeks....i would LOVE to have the $100 off taken from the Enormous 1622$ i paid...do we have an option of getting that done rather than getting the card ? We are customers and want a win-win lol !

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Yes, 2-3 weeks....i would LOVE to have the $100 off taken from the Enormous 1622$ i paid...do we have an option of getting that done rather than getting the card ? We are customers and want a win-win lol !

No

lets not get too greedy here

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008

Do you have some sort of physical proof (i.e. e-mail, confirmation number, etc) that you will be receiving the $100 gift card in 2-3 weeks? What if the 3 weeks pass and you don't get anything, and they have no idea what you're talking about and say that you bought the laptop like almost 2 months ago when the promotion wasn't even available! LOL

Subhumanguy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
Do you have some sort of physical proof (i.e. e-mail, confirmation number, etc) that you will be receiving the $100 gift card in 2-3 weeks? What if the 3 weeks pass and you don't get anything, and they have no idea what you're talking about and say that you bought the laptop like almost 2 months ago when the promotion wasn't even available! LOL

When I got off the phone with Apple the same thought went through my head. I'm thinking of calling back tomorrow to discuss it further.

mattferg

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2013

I got an email confirm from the rep I spoke to.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
i DID NOT receive any email :( :(
:mad::mad::mad:

I also didn't receive an e-mail, and I actually requested one or a confirmation number. The rep said there isn't one and they took notes in their system that other employees can refer to.

tehsprayer

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
I got told 3 weeks on the phone, but have no email confirmation...I'm sure they have calls recorded.

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL
I was told about an email, but I didn't receive it.

Anyways, the rep did the job and as I said they refunded my $100. He even added 7% tax :D

Of course I'm not buying any gift card.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 2.01.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 2.01.13 PM.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 102

Suraj R.

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
Wait, so if I bought my MBA (love it btw) on the 28th of June, I can still get the $100 card? Sweet! Calling Apple now.

johnjey

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Northern CA
haan bhai Suraj..lol

----------

I was told about an email, but I didn't receive it.

Anyways, the rep did the job and as I said they refunded my $100. He even added 7% tax :D

Of course I'm not buying any gift card.

So you have an option to either take the $ off or the gift card ? Although i don't really care about the $100 cash back into my account...but will be good to know

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL
haan bhai Suraj..lol

----------

So you have an option to either take the $ off or the gift card ? Although i don't really care about the $100 cash back into my account...but will be good to know

I don't think so.

I called because I bought my MBA before this promotion, and I wanted the gift card. The rep told me that he was unable to generate a gift card for me, but had no problem taking the price of the gift card off my macbook payment and back to my credit card.

sekman

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
I just got my code in an email from Apple! Shortest 3 weeks ever! Apple is great!!

Suraj R.

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
Just called them. Getting it within 3 weeks, they said the order confirmation number is the same as the one for your laptop (if you ordered it online).

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
I just got my code in an email from Apple! Shortest 3 weeks ever! Apple is great!!

I can confirm this. I was also told 3 weeks and received the code yesterday in an e-mail. In previous years they sent a physical card, so was surprised to see this but its fine either way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.