Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
this is insane. i came home late and half asleep the other night and climbed into bed. thinking it was a book i was reading earlier and had left in the bed, i shoved my 12" PowerBook clean off the bed onto the hardwood floor. it's at least a 3 foot drop. the second i felt it leave my hand i knew what i had done but it was too late. it landed with a nice loud thud and i quickly got up to check on it. i was expecting the worst because the last 12" PowerBook i had fell off the bed and the screen exploded and turned into a lava lamp. somehow, miraculously, this thing doesn't have a single_scratch on it. not a dent, not a scratch, not a single mark. nothing. it's as mint as the day i bought it. un-frigging-real. i'm using it right now. the physics angels must have saved this thing in mid air. i remember seeing an interview with a guy who's parachute didn't open and he plummeted to the ground and bounced a few times and got up and walked away without a scratch. his body just landed and reacted perfectly by some kind of freak chance. can't believe my crappy lappy didn't die on this one!

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
1. Lucky you.
2. How could you be so uncaring about your baby-book? BTW, what book weighs 2.1 kg?:p

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Very fortunate ending for you. I hope all is well as time passes because there may be residual effects that do not manifest themselves immediately after such an incident.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
iSaint said:
The fact that your Powerbook walked is amazing in itself! :D :D

I was thinking the same thing!

Oh and... it's not "baby-book", it's BabyBook™ ;)

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
So this isn't the first time you tossed your machine off the bed and onto the floor? How odd...

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
dietcokevanilla said:
I was thinking the same thing!

Oh and... it's not "baby-book", it's BabyBook™ ;)

Just off-topic, how do yuo write TM? Like you did?:D

BTW, my brother once nearly swept his iBook off a table falling over the powercord. Proves the power of MagSafe (TM):D

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
You are as lucky as it can be. This is one of the reasons I use my computers at the computer desk at all times (not on bed nor kitchen table); by sticking with the same place, I know I can prevent this type of mistaken identify for the objects which are positioned away from the regular place.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Glad to hear that everything is okay with your PowerBook G4, you should count your blessings tjwett that the incident did not go the other way. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.