Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is the phone comfortable ?

• Yes 🙌 Totally

Votes: 168 70.0%
  • No 😒 clunkier than thought

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • No but can’t use smaller phones

Votes: 23 9.6%

• Total voters

hbksabhi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Do you think ? overall ownership will get uncomfortable over next coming years managing this size in day to day life ?

hbksabhi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
I just think after 1-2 yrs of usage you feel it being clunky in day to day usage and wish u had smaller phone especially that the big screen does not provide additional functionality. 6.1’ is plenty but wish battery life was more like 11 pro.

Radeon962

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2020
It’s large but not excessive. The Nexus 6 I used years ago was much wider and harder to handle.

Last big iPhone I used was the XS Max end the 12 PM feels about the same in hand.

Working from home for the foreseeable future so I’m not spending much time running around where a smaller phone would be easier to use.

Came from an iPhone 11 so I’m enjoying the extra battery life and upgraded screen.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Came from the 11 ProMax so this was not really a jump.
Ergonomically the 12 is much better for gripping. I know my grip with the 12's flat sides makes using it a breeze.
On my phones I use a letter back and privacy screen protector.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
Came from an 11 Pro, but had the 6/7 Plus before. The 12 Pro Max feels more comfortable in my (admittedly small!) hands, mainly because of the flat sides. Even the bottom is easier to manage balancing on my pinky finger, because it’s also flat.

hbksabhi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
How big is it in real word feel compared to an 8 Plus ?
I had 6S plus 2-3 years ago. Had X & XR in between. Loved the 6S plus. Owned for 2-3 years.

welcomed the smaller size of X compared to 6S plus but missed the broader screen of 6s plus. XR kind of solved it. 12PM feels amazing in that respect but weight makes it feel heavy imo. About 30-35gm heavier than 8 plus.

battery life is insane and watching photos and videos is great experience. Pro would be a great bet too as same size screen as XR and I never felt I needed a bigger screen

Reactions: George Dawes

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Despite everything I read, I find it more comfortable than the iPhone 11 PM, especially with the Pitaka Air Case, it just feels incredible with that case.

The only thing perhaps is the weight, but you get use it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.