Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
EU
I was looking for some UAG cases for the Mini ? and stumbled upon this monster, look what an absolute unit the Pro Max is going to be!

• Wow
Reactions: George Dawes

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can’t tell if those cases are just thicker than most or if that person has really small hands. Compared to the 11 pro max, the 12 pro max is less than 3mm taller and less than .5mm wider... there seems to be a common misconception that the 12 pro max is drastically bigger than the 11pro max. Although the screen is bigger, the bezels were reduced. It’s dimensions are also very close to the dimensions of all other Max and Plus models.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
EU
I can’t tell if those cases are just thicker than most or if that person has really small hands. Compared to the 11 pro max, the 12 pro max is less than 3mm taller and less than .5mm wider... there seems to be a common misconception that the 12 pro max is drastically bigger than the 11pro max. Although the screen is bigger, the bezels were reduced. It’s dimensions are also very close to the dimensions of all other Max and Plus models.
Technically only slightly bigger, but I wonder how it will feel in hands with the new flat edge design. Always get a bit amazed and terrified at the same time when I get a hold of my friends 8 Plus.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Hard to compare really as those cases are always so much more bulky than say the apple ones.

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
With the wide angle lens used to shoot this video it makes the case look a lt bigger than it really is.

motm95

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
I have an XS Max and thought I would upgrade to the 12 Pro Max. So I bought a CASEKOO clear case for the 12 Pro Max off Amazon ahead of time and when it arrived, it seemed huge -- bigger than my XS Max case. Holding the empty case in my hand, it felt very unwieldy. I could not reach my thumb and middle finger around the case like I can with my XS Max. So I returned it and opted to buy the 12 Pro on launch day at the Verizon store. I'm still getting used to the smaller size compared to my XS Max, but overall I like it.

Reactions: ayuchan

scarrz

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2015
That case does look larger than normal, but I have sitting in front of me two 12PM cases (smartish kung fu & Spigen Ultra Hybrid) and they do not look like that. My thumb can almost touch my fingers when gripping it. Not sure if like the other forum member stated maybe its some small hands or its the wide angle lens playing tricks. The 12PM is nearly the same size as the 6+.

Last edited:

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I'm not worried one bit. Previous devices are X/XS Max/11PM. I will upgrading to 12 PM. Already received the same spigen I use on 11PM for the 12PM. Not seeing such a huge difference in size like many making it out to be. Ill be fine. Also square phone will most likely be easy to handle versus round edges.

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Ya. Looks like smaller hands. Max is almost exact size of 8 plus and without bezels.

Reactions: SHKLMRE

Cmd-Z

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2014
Coyote, CA
I was looking for some UAG cases for the Mini ? and stumbled upon this monster, look what an absolute unit the Pro Max is going to be!
The 12PM is 0.3mm wider than the 11PM, yes only 0.3mm. It is also 2.8mm taller but width is primarily the factor for handling big phones.

Most UAG cases are monstrous, regardless of what device you put in them -- very thick and bulky, but protective as all get out. I've had them before, but they're just too gonzo for me.

bbs008

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2020
Heres a better pic with an actual slim case and not a brick case

cOfNfEz.png

Also 10s max vs 12 pro max

qiSmja5.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.