Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How much storage do you "need" in "your" iPad, cost not an issue

• 16GB

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • 32GB

Votes: 43 23.2%
  • 64GB

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • 128Gb

Votes: 41 22.2%
  • I have so much stuff I could put on my iPad that 128GB is still limiting

Votes: 37 20.0%

• Total voters

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Yes, and as the entry level price of tablets lowers, they need to keep a cheap iPad2 around.

8GB would render it fairly useless. The Kindle Fire is the only tablet that ships with 8 and that's primarily because they expect users will take advantage of their streaming services. Even then it's pretty crappy overhead but you can justify it in a $200 device.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
32GB for me. With 16GB i am tight for space with music and apps. 32GB should be fine. With that being said, if i were to have 128gb of media, i dont think id be able to listen/watch it all in my lifetime.

rcp27

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
An important use for me is entertainment while travelling. As I live in one of the smaller European countries, any moderately long journey I make is international, so streaming is not an option (and of course it still isn't available here yet). Of course if I'm going by air, streaming is even more unlikely (some airlines have WiFi these days, but it ain't cheap). Ideally my iPad would be to video what the iPod is to music: my whole collection with me all the time so I don't have to chose in advance what I want to watch. Using Handbrake's iPad setting, converting my DVD collection (only about 1/3 done at the moment) has produced way more than 64 GB already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.