Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
More than twice considering the fact that the second 64 doesn't have to house the OS.

Ah. When I see someone say "practically" I always associate it to being pretty much double the space, and meaning that it is under, but basically the same. (such as if the storage were to be 120, which would practically be double the space since a 64 is basically only 60, so 120 is practically double the space if you think of it that way)

ANYWAY

Technically it is exactly double the space. :p

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Ah. When I see someone say "practically" I always associate it to being pretty much double the space, and meaning that it is under, but basically the same. (such as if the storage were to be 120, which would practically be double the space since a 64 is basically only 60, so 120 is practically double the space if you think of it that way)

ANYWAY

Technically it is exactly double the space. :p

Yeah, I react the same way. And technically it's more than twice once you account for the space taken up by the OS.

----------

Seeing as how I only have 300MB of free space left on my 64GB 5, I am very happy to be getting 128GB.

Cutting it close! I have 4 gig left on mine, but I've been conservative about the files I keep on it recently. The 128 will be great. I'd buy a 500 gig one if they made it.

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
Yup, I have always ordered the maximum available storage on my iPhones. I have had 64GB when I had the 4S and the 5s, but now I am ready for 128GB. Apps are getting bigger and I have lots of them, I prefer to keep my music on my phone which takes up at least 32GB. I shoot lots of pictures and video (and with the iPhone 6 shooting 1080p60 you can be sure it will eat up a lot of space).

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I like to keep a local copy of all my photos and videos on my phone, or at least as many of them as I can. So 128 was a perfect addition for me.

128 iPhone 6 Space Grey coming on the 19th!
Ditto that reasoning. I was always running out of memory on my 64GB iPhone 5. I don't store movies or music or very many apps but I am the family photographer and videographer, in a manner of speaking. Two sets of proud grandparents are always looking through my iPhone photo albums. They're also going to be happy to no longer have to squint at the tiny iPhone 5 screen. :D

128 GB space gray 6 Plus due first week of October.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
I didn't, though I did think about it. At the end of the day, I've managed fine with a 32GB device, so even 64GB should be plenty. If I start getting close to the limit, then I'll get a 128GB one next year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.