13 hours in line

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juniorswim55, Jun 24, 2010.

1. juniorswim55 macrumors newbie

YUP! from 530am to 630pm ive stayed at the line to get my iphone 4
    this was at the Willowbrook Mall in New Jersey
    They were taking 20 people from reserved and 1 from the walk in
    it was insane
    there was a lot of line cutters, which then got sent to the back of the line
    many people fighting about how they don't want to wait.
    I was happy that they were serving water, chips, ice cream, starbucks.
    Also, by the 5th hour, i didn't even stay in line anymore, i just walked around the mall and when i got back i went straight to the place i was and no one said a thing. everyone was doing it.
    The people working at the store were kinda lazy, im sorry, but the managers were good, i went to the store about 2 months ago and had a 30 min talk with the manager, just random talk, and today he remembered me which made me happy that i was at his store.
    So i was wondering
    what was your experience like?
    how long did you wait? from what time to what time? what state?
    did they serve any food or drinks?

Any questions just ask

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Are you unemployed?

3. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

4. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

What happened to the cookie?

5. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

6. kodiak14 macrumors newbie

I showed up at my Apple store at around 10:30 am and there were people who had been there since midnight still in line... and I had lunch plans, so I left. They were serving water and smoothies at that point.

I had a reservation and I knew that if I waited until the temperature hit 100 (Scottsdale Quarter, AZ), I would get in and out. Sure enough, I showed up at 3 pm, got in and out within 15 min.

However, they were not checking people's reservations, just asking you if you had a reservation. So, I'm sure a lot of non-reserved people snuck in this way. This one guy was literally about to blow up on this poor Apple girl who kept checking the system for his reservation, although I'm not sure why, because he could have just said "yes, I have a reservation" and gotten in.

(PS, to the guy who asked if OP was unemployed... some people just happened to have today off, just sayin'.)

7. cis4life macrumors regular

Really? Is that really called for?

It amaze me at just how many self absorbed asses are on this forum. The OP was simply telling us his iphone launch line event and right away the asses come out and play. Some of you really need to freakin lighten up and get a grip. THIS IS A FORUM, don't like the thread, simply pass and move on.

Geez

8. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

had the same issue here where they were taking a million people from the reserved line and literally 1 at at time from the walk in line it was torture

9. StephenRzucidlo macrumors member

i had it tuff just order threw apple.com and it came in yesterday at 9:45am no line for me

10. darrenLM2010 macrumors newbie

That's just rediculous to wait that damn long for a "phone". All the more power to you and have fun. I know I will get one, if not today, tomorrow. Just because everyone else was out walking around and cutting back in line dosen't make it right or fair. So hope it's worth all the wait and hassle and fighting and arguing ect.....

11. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Went into one Wal-Mart at 8:15am... no iPhones (they had 1, it was taken). Drove ten minutes to another store, they had them, in and out in 15 or 20 minutes.

Was home not long after 9am. The wait was really with the activation process, not waiting for the phone.

12. glen e macrumors 68030

I don't disagree the forum should be above bashing, but I don't understand the people that will stand in line for 13 hours and then come on here and bitch about it. Did they expect a great customer experience? They must do it for the party aspect, because the clear thing to do is order off the ATT or APPLE site, and have it delivered same day with no line, no crumpled underwear up your crack and a good nights sleep.

It reminds me of another site I frequent that sells a program for something, and people don't follow the directions, and then bitch about it, HUH?

13. thecause007 macrumors newbie

Maybe I can help shed some light on this for you. Some of us have business accounts with AT&T, which unfortunately lock you into ordering through your business rep. When that rep is incompetent, and is incapable of ordering your phone on the 15th, and a week later still doesn't have it ordered, then you end up having to resort to things like waiting in line.

14. darrenLM2010 macrumors newbie

So what your saying is that since you have a business, that you have to wait in that long line just to upgrade, and it's not an option to wait a day or two, or even three to skip out on the lines? Like I said earlier, more power to you guys dealing with that crap! ;)

15. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Are you unemployed, too?

16. darrenLM2010 macrumors newbie

It amazes me that people on this post are reading and bitching about other peoples assess being on here, when they are doing the same thing.....see, I'm doing it too, hahahaha! :p

17. aequitas1234 macrumors member

Really? Is this post really called for?

It amaze me at just how many self righteous asses are on this forum. The post was simply asking if he was unemployed and right away the asses come out and play. You really need to freakin lighten up and get a grip. THIS IS A FORUM, don't like the post, simply pass and move on. No need to hear you bitch about how you don't like a post. Grow up.

Geez

18. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Got to hand it to you, kid ..... you've got tenacity.

19. ipaddyo macrumors newbie

20. Built macrumors 68020

What is with all the judgement and intolerance?

So what...The kid was posting his experiences. I swear some people come here just to act out all their repressed aggression.

Even though I, personally, am not willing to wait in line, more power to those who do. They don't need anybody's permission or approval.

...and to the OP, I enjoy hearing the stories of those who participated in launch day. :)

21. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

[​IMG]

22. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

23. darrenLM2010 macrumors newbie

;) Exactly what I'm saying, but some people like that first to get the new item experience. If we all waited like you and I are saying, then I think we would be still having to deal with the same problem. Just my opinion....and we know what they say about opinions, right?

EDIT: sorry wrong post....this is going to the one saying about waiting in line for a cell phone.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No reservation. Showed up about 5, waited half an hour and walked out with a 32GB. Wonderful shopping experience especially since I figured it would be a zoo and I'd turn around and go back home.

Got free mango ices while we waited, twice!

25. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Got in line at 4:30am and had my iPhone 4 in hand at about 7:45am. Reserved.