13" Macbook Pro Hinges

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by monaarts, Dec 5, 2010.

1. monaarts macrumors 65816

Hey everyone,

So my 13" Macbook Pro is just out of warranty (I've had it for 15 months now) and the hinges on the screen are starting to get annoyingly loose. I didn't have a problem with them 3 months ago when it was still in warranty so I didn't get them fixed then because it wasn't an issue then.

Does anyone know roughly what the cost to replace the hinges would be? I called the Apple Store and they told me I would have to bring it in to get a quote, but I live about an hour away so I don't wanna drive there if it is too expensive. Thanks guys!

- Joe

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Hard to say because Apple 'Geniuses' never seem to quote anyone the same ... even if its for the same part/replacement.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

I would check out other online resources for the parts, so you can do the repair yourself. It would be much more expensive to have Apple do the repair.

4. veryape macrumors newbie

I have a 2006 MBP (obvi way out of warranty) and last time I took it in one of the geniuses said they would do it for free, but they were backed up and I'd have to leave it over night. He was the one who brought it up too because honestly mine has been loose for a while and it rarely bothers me.