13" or 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tomegun, Mar 29, 2011.

1. tomegun macrumors 6502

tomegun

I have a 13" Unibody MacBook - I don't remember what year, but these only came out for a little while. I'm in the market for a new MBP for battery life mostly, but the SD reader and faster processor will be welcomed.

I'm not sure if I want to stay with a 13" or go to 15". If I go 15" the primary reason will be for high-def resolution and anti-glare screen. I'm not crazy about the size of a 15", but I want to be sure the anti-glare screen - which I had in a previous MacBook - and high-def screen aren't features I will miss/want.

Obviously, there is a considerable price difference here, but what do users who have these think?

What I do on this laptop does not make the increased power an issue. I'm not doing CAD or anything heavy.

I think I'm going to delay this purchase for a couple of months to hopefully be a cheapskate and get Lion with the laptop. Thoughts?

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

3. lshirase macrumors regular

if the 13 inch had a higher resolution, i would have gone with that. depending on your needs, i would suggest looking into a macbook air. i love my 13 ultimate mba.

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Search is your friend! ;)

There are a number of threads on the difference between 13" and 15" MBPs, as well as a MR Guide on the advantages of each.

5. freddy-b macrumors regular

Personally.. 13. its perfect.. ur getting something for a battery.. and so u want to travel with it.. and take it to places.. so.. 13 is perfect.. thats what i think,

u might have a different opinion..:S
    i love my mid 2010 13"mbp ;)

ALSO..EDIT:

check this out.. ;) http://guides.macrumors.com/Which_size_MacBook_Pro_should_I_buy

6. tomegun thread starter macrumors 6502

tomegun

:D I knew that was coming. I am guilty of being lazy. I will search for it now.

7. tomegun thread starter macrumors 6502

tomegun

This is actually the way I'm leaning. I love the size of my 13". Screen resolution and anti-glare are things making me question the 13".

8. abhic macrumors member

I moved from a 2007 MacBook black to a 2011 15" MBP 2.2 & couldn't be happier.

The two things I am certain I would have missed if I had not gotten this config
    • Extra Screen Space - 1680x1050 vs 1440x900
    • Anti-Glare vs Glossy

Sure there are other bits which drew me in as well, but these two I can't do without now.

Check out the reasons I drew up for 13" vs 15" in my notes - http://bit.ly/fp35F7