13" vs 15" Questions!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JaspLi, Nov 25, 2010.

1. JaspLi macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about purchasing a MBP during the Friday sale (hopefully there will be some good deals). I wanted to get either a 2.4ghz 13" with an upgraded 8gb ram or the basic 13" 2.66ghz with no upgrades or the basic 15" 2.4ghz with no upgrades. I've done some research but still cannot make up my mind so hopefully someone out there has some more information that can help me out. Which laptop would be faster? And are there any significant differences? Thanks in advance!!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What are you going to do with it? In the past, 13" has been the only model that has been discounted (by 101$)

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Core ix CPUs run 10-22% (performance) faster clock-per-clock to the Core 2 Duo counterparts.

Also, if you need dedicated graphics power, you'll need to really consider the 15" because of the 330M GT.

However, just to surf the net, the 13" 2.66GHz should fare very well.

4. JaspLi thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a computer that can run programs like logic pro or ableton efficiently. Thanks for all the responses!!

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Audio programs, both CPU types would run those fine. It's when you encode that you will see the difference... Core ix based CPU will finish faster by some seconds due to their newer architecture.