Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use the battery percentage feature?

• Yes

Votes: 138 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 19.8%

• Total voters

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Just curious to see how many people use the battery percentage feature. Personally, I leave it off. One of the few things I am OCD about is charging my gadgets. When I see the number going down it makes me want to plug it in haha. :rolleyes:

motorazr

macrumors 6502
I always leave it on. Have since it came out, and it drives me nuts when I have a friends phone who has left it off. For me it's a big deal to decide if I need to be charging my phone in the car; should I stop doing something frivolous; do I need to be tethering right now, etc. Granted I do feel like my iPhone 4s battery is starting to really not last like it used to.. but .. I prefer to know exactly what its doing.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I always leave it on. Have since it came out, and it drives me nuts when I have a friends phone who has left it off. For me it's a big deal to decide if I need to be charging my phone in the car; should I stop doing something frivolous; do I need to be tethering right now, etc. Granted I do feel like my iPhone 4s battery is starting to really not last like it used to.. but .. I prefer to know exactly what its doing.

I think another reason I leave it off is because of how fast my battery drains.

I get to work around 6:45. I usually end up plugging it in somewhere around lunch. This is with moderate use. If I'm listening to Pandora, iHeartRadio, or Stitcher it drains much faster (obviously).

RocketRed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2012
Battery Percentage!

One of the things I missed about iOS/iPhone 4S is the ability to see how much battery life you have left, in numbers.

Android phones don't have the option to do this. I guess they don't need to since many phones have terrible battery life.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use it; I like seeing the more detailed view of its status. But I'm not OCD about charging it. When it needs charging, I charge it.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
I have to leave it on ... turning it off can cause 1 thing to happen ... your phone goes dead when you need it

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
I used to show it, but I found myself paying to close attention to the numbers so I turned it off. Drives me mad, I barely wanna use my phone!

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use it; I like seeing the more detailed view of its status. But I'm not OCD about charging it. When it needs charging, I charge it.

same here to the t

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I use it, its a nice feature to provide feedback on the status of your battery.

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
Usually have it on my iPhone 4. Recently turned it off just to see it looked in the status bar. Way different if not used to it! Haha. But then I thought about it, and it's not necessary for me. I never drain my battery completely on a usual day. If I'm gonna have a longer day, I'll probably enable it again, but for now, not using it.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2011
I leave it on. I like to know how much percentage I have left. Especially after the 10% warning

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I use it. The battery indicator without the percentage isn't very specific. 90% charge looks almost the same as 60% charge.

harpyeagle

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
I use it because it takes the computation (how long before you need to charge it again) out of the mind when you are looking at your phone sometimes on a busy day. I normally use every ounce before I recharge.

wickerman1893

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
I love it....and can't use my phone without it now. It really helps me time out when I'll need to charge my phone if I'm really busy during the day.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I keep it off on all my devices. When I had it on, I would find myself obsessing over what percentage battery I had left and how quickly it was changing. As soon as I turned it off, I actually began using my devices. I like having the option to toggle it on when I need to check real quick before I leave the house, but I always turn it off after that.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I always have it on. I like knowing how much battery life I have left, though on the iPhone 4S it doesn't seem very reliable. Sometimes while using it the percentage will barely move, but if I do the same thing some other time the percentage will drop at a ridiculous rate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.