Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
It has been a month since the release of iOS 6
iOS 6, being the most problematic .0 release, still doesnt get a patch for all the bugs...:mad:
Apple, what on earth are you doing? putting all your energy into making an underpowered mini iPad? :rolleyes:

Beatsbyair

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
iOS 6, being the most problematic .0 release, still doesnt get a patch for all the bugs...:mad:
Apple, what on earth are you doing? putting all your energy into making an underpowered mini iPad? :rolleyes:

I bet it is released in the next couple days. I am also waiting for this, big time.

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
I found this.

http://www.slashgear.com/apple-rumored-to-release-ios-6-0-1-soon-ios-6-1-after-holidays-22253089/

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
iOS 6, being the most problematic .0 release, still doesnt get a patch for all the bugs...:mad:...

This tells me that you don't know what you are talking about, this has been one of the smoothest iOS X.0 yet. Anyways a 6.01 might be coming sooner than later, 6.1 probably in 2 months or so.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
This tells me that you don't know what you are talking about, this has been one of the smoothest iOS X.0 yet. Anyways a 6.01 might be coming sooner than later, 6.1 probably in 2 months or so.

oh yes, having used iOS since 1.0, I definitely have no idea what im talking about :rolleyes:

Wifi bug on iPhone 5, Battery drain on all iPhones, Laggy app store on iPad 3, Exchange calendar bug, the list goes on and on

look, if you only use your iDevice for angry birds, no s*** you won't have a problem.

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
i'm curious if my home button will get fixed with 6.0.1.

too coincidental that it started acting funny with 6.0 & iphone 4

Cripps

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
oh yes, having used iOS since 1.0, I definitely have no idea what im talking about :rolleyes:

Wifi bug on iPhone 5, Battery drain on all iPhones, Laggy app store on iPad 3, Exchange calendar bug, the list goes on and on

look, if you only use your iDevice for angry birds, no s*** you won't have a problem.

I for one don't have many of the problems you list.Nno problem with battery, App Store, or anything else.

guineapig

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
Italy

Actually my battery on the 4S has come to new life with iOS 6 (since the second beta actually).
The exchange calendar bug is a big issue, but the others are minor bugs that not everybody is experiencing.
The lack of the 3G switch in 5.0 was much a bigger deal to me.

If you're listing those as major issues, I guess the list actually doesn't go on and on...

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Has to be within the next week. The bugs in iOS 6 are unacceptable. Although the issue list was shortened quite a bit from the last beta (5?) to the GM.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i think they are either waiting to ship this with iTunes 11 or the new iPad mini/iPad 4 they will come pre-installed with ios 6.0.1?

zosokm

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
ios6 has only improved the battery life on my iphone 4. I find it has improved the fluidity of animations. I have not experienced the bugs that most people have . Apple maps is useless in India, as is Siri. So cant comment much on them. Do not disturb is a lightweight function but probably the one "new "addition to ios6 that I like the most.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
i'm curious if my home button will get fixed with 6.0.1.

too coincidental that it started acting funny with 6.0 & iphone 4

The same happened to me! It's as if apple does it intentionally so that iPhone 4 users think that now is the time for them to upgrade...

jltech

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
Soon

Probably in the next few days it will come. Be patient.

Last edited:

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I'm not experiencing any of these issues, therefore they don't exist. /snark

I have seen my iPad 2 battery life go down the tubes since iOS6. I've shut everything off there is and I've still got about 60% of the battery life I had prior.

The only update I'd like to see is let me roll back to 5.1.1.

Legios

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2012
OS 6 and some issues are also carrier related rather than straight OS related. I just upgraded from jailbroken 4.3. Since I restored everything has gone up. Performance, Battery, Signal. All on a 4.

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
OS 6 and some issues are also carrier related rather than straight OS related. I just upgraded from jailbroken 4.3. Since I restored everything has gone up. Performance, Battery, Signal. All on a 4.

Yea, I was a long time JBer. Jail breaking kills battery life and performance just by its nature. Trade off.

Appleseeds

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2012

Not one of those problems exist on my iPhones or iPads in my entire household having 3 phones and 2 iPads.

----------

I'm not experiencing any of these issues, therefore they don't exist. /truth

There fixed that for ya

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
I had issues with iOS 6 on my iPhone 4.

But so far on my iPhone 5 I can honestly say I don't have those same issues. I'm very happy that it doesn't.

But I understand peoples frustration. The bluetooth needs fixed for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.