15" & 17" will rely on AMD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greytmom, Feb 8, 2011.

1. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

"It is rumored that Nvidia's graphics processors will not be included in at least some MacBook models 13 inches and under, as those low-end notebooks will rely only on Sandy Bridge integrated graphics from Intel. Apple's larger, high-end MacBook Pros, with screen sizes of 15 and 17 inches, will allegedly rely on graphics processors from AMD."

No one has commented on Appleinsider's prediction from earlier this evening... Your thoughts?

2. zenio macrumors 6502

True confessions, right or wrong I can't stand AMD.

3. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Negative.
    If anything - if they change anything - they'll throw in discrete for all models. But, honestly, who knows. People are more lost about this update than any before.

4. intelgrande macrumors member

As linked to in the AppleInsider article, that rumor is from back in December. It's not a new update.

5. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

I have never really been a fan of AMD, however my parent got a AMD PC desktop a few years ago and for what they needed it has worked for them.

I still do not think I will be into getting an Apple with AMD until I see how they perform through the first version.

6. budman1961 macrumors regular

IMHO, Apple wont move to AMD. Their CPU's and chipsets never gained the mass popular acceptance that Intel has. No facts to back it up, just my gut, and 25 years in the IT game.

7. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

The actual article was printed today, but yes, the link inside the article references back to a December article.

Interestingly, the December article reads as though it would only impact MacBooks, while the one today specifically mentions the 15 and 17" MBPS.

8. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

They are talking about GPUs from AMD (formerly ATI graphics), not CPUs.