15" Macbook Pro (2015) - MAXED OUT!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tech_Mac_Man, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Tech_Mac_Man, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019

Tech_Mac_Man macrumors member

Tech_Mac_Man

Hey MacRumors,

Have a real quick question to ask....How does the Windows 10 perform with the 15" MacBook Pro 2.8ghz with the AMD 370x Graphics card? I have read and heard that Windows 10 performs alot better on a Mac than it does on a Windows Laptop...How true is that? Does everything run smoother on a Mac-Windows?

I plan to use Final Cut Pro & Light Room (Mac) and Sony Acid Pro & Traktor & other software's (Windows)

How is your experience using this particular (2015) MAXED OUT model running Windows 10?

Please let me know...?

Thanks!

2. Khaleal macrumors regular

untrue.

3. leman macrumors G3

As you would expect from a 4 year old lower-mid-range graphics card. Basically more or less on par with current integrated 13".

That is complete nonsense.

If you are in the market for a cheaper used computer, grab a gaming laptop with Nvidia 950M/960M — it will be faster and cheaper. If you are looking for a Mac, I'd say get a 13" — or even better, wait util 10gen Intel CPUs are available in the 13".

4. Tech_Mac_Man thread starter macrumors member

Tech_Mac_Man

Yes I was thinking the same too...But some of these YouTubers were saying how it performs better on a Mac than it does on a PC Laptop...I was blown away...As you can get best of both worlds on a ONE platform... =)

5. robvas macrumors 68030

What they meant was the games run better under Windows on a Mac, than they do running in Mac OS

6. HappyIntro macrumors regular

HappyIntro

I would point out that any new Windows 10 laptop (unless purchased from Microsoft's store) will come with bloatware installed, which does usually degrade the performance and experience compared to any laptop that has Windows 10 clean-installed without all those other programs that Dell, Lenovo, HP, routinely add to their machines. So theoretically a MBP running Win 10 may very well provide one of the best Windows experiences available, relative to a newly purchased or used Wintel machine.