Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2009
Just got back from the Apple Store to return my 15" MBP TB for a 13" MBP TB. During the return/exchange, when the 15" was scanned, a message appeared on the Apple employee's iPhone. My two-day old 15" was to be recalled - I'm guessing for the Graphics Card issues (I had the 455). Just a heads up for anyone with an upgraded 15" MBP TB.

recurrence

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Just got back from the Apple Store to return my 15" MBP TB for a 13" MBP TB. During the return/exchange, when the 15" was scanned, a message appeared on the Apple employee's iPhone. My two-day old 15" was to be recalled - I'm guessing for the Graphics Card issues (I had the 455). Just a heads up for anyone with an upgraded 15" MBP TB.

WAT!

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
Apple messed up with the 2016 Macbook Pro.

The price is too high. USB-C is worthless right now. The touchbar has very little going for it. There's tons of bugs and issues. The battery is questionable. They took away magsafe. And now recalls?

Very sad.

All Microsoft has to do is release Windows 11, and make it amazing. Make it simple. Make it magical. Take away all the extra frills and really give OS X a run for its money. And work on their damn trackpads. Apple is a follower now, they need someone to push them in the direction of simplicity...right now they're copying Microsoft, and Samsung, and all the other brands.

fate0311

Suspended
Dec 31, 2015
The 13" MBP nTB is by far the best refresh apple has going for them. Not only aesthetically but functionality without ISSUE.

For what it is, the base nTB 13" is a decent machine.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
What are the complete specs of your machine? You assume it's the 455, but it may be something else. This is the first we've heard of a problem on this forum, I think. Seems strange, to hear something like this in this way. I also have the 455, so i'm concerned. A quick Google brings nothing up.

motorazr

macrumors 6502

We're still early in ownership... Apple's engineering probably wants computers back that come back with problems..... tho it sounds like yours was just a simple return.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
We're still early in ownership... Apple's engineering probably wants computers back that come back with problems..... tho it sounds like yours was just a simple return.

Oooh, right! That makes sense. Thanks, they had me worried.

kevinkyoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
It's nice that people are typing in their thoughts about the MBP (Even though it's been weeks, and even I'm tired of it), but did anyone else go to the Apple Store to confirm this "official recall?" Does it extend to 450 and 460? What are the details about it?

Reactions: David58117

TazmoStarkana

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2016

The price is too high. USB-C is worthless right now. The touchbar has very little going for it. There's tons of bugs and issues. The battery is questionable. They took away magsafe. And now recalls?

Very sad.

All Microsoft has to do is release Windows 11, and make it amazing. Make it simple. Make it magical. Take away all the extra frills and really give OS X a run for its money. And work on their damn trackpads. Apple is a follower now, they need someone to push them in the direction of simplicity...right now they're copying Microsoft, and Samsung, and all the other brands.

But that's what they said about the first iPhone. Too expensive. No USB. No apps. Buggy as all hell. Terrible battery life. Etc.

I'm pissed as all hell too about these issues but next year all of that should be polished. I certainly don't NEED this new MBP, but sure as hell WANT it.

Apple has us by the balls. We'll just have to wait for it to get better. :)

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
No my friend....What has "grown old" is Apple's current business model and decision making coupled with an utter lack of quality control.
Udder lack of quality control? Sure....

The way people bug out on Apple continues to amaze me. If you don't like their products, don't buy them and move on the the Microsoft forums.
[doublepost=1480141743][/doublepost]
No, it's time we start calling these people out. Their ability to run free and incessantly whine about things that have nothing to do with the topic is what brings the quality of this place down. It's time someone said something about it.
I agree 100%!!!!

monkeydax

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2012
He probably means rev1, and you're splitting hairs.
You'll be surprised how some people just love splitting hairs and making a big hoo-haa out of nothing. Any one, young or old, experienced or not, is going to know I meant the first iteration of the new MacBook Pro. :) but that's alright!

Reactions: Bryan Bowler

lobo1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011

Very sad.

WAT?
[doublepost=1480142400][/doublepost]
My two-day old 15" was to be recalled - I'm guessing for the Graphics Card issues (I had the 455). Just a heads up for anyone with an upgraded 15" MBP TB.
From what I have seen on this forum and knowing how internet is working - this is yet another fake news - just in time for Black Friday.

It is so sad and pathetic

THIS!
[doublepost=1480142575][/doublepost]
A recall would go out as a PR release before any retail store employee hears about it.

Reactions: Bryan Bowler

sinoka56

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2009
What are the complete specs of your machine? You assume it's the 455, but it may be something else. This is the first we've heard of a problem on this forum, I think. Seems strange, to hear something like this in this way. I also have the 455, so i'm concerned. A quick Google brings nothing up.
It was the 2nd stock configuration - 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 2.7GHz Core i7.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
It was the 2nd stock configuration - 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 2.7GHz Core i7.

Thanks, but moot

this was answered above. I had forgotten they do this. they will flag random machines for inspection. means nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.