Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Sleeve inside Messenger Bag

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
My PowerBook goes inside a sleeve, and THEN into my bag. I'm fairly sure this duo of protection has saved it on many occasions!

(lets just say the straps on the bag I use haven't been of the highest quality)

crobbins

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2006
Colorado
I keep mine in an Incase Sleeve inside my backpack. I was using a messenger bag, but the messenger just couldn't hold everything I was looking to carry around. I'm still on the hunt for a bigger one!

jgerry

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2007
Atlanta, GA
15" MBP in a Waterford sleeve w/ flap, very well-made (in the USA no less), though a bit pricey.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm

in a cheap messenger that I love, a Dickie's Deluxe DJ bag:

The sleeve was actually more expensive than the bag!

The sleeve BARELY fits in the bag, not a lot of extra room, but enough for some files, the laptop, power adapter, external 2.5" drive, and a mouse. This bag also has a zipper on the front flap for some extra stuff, a second zippered compartment inside (this is where I put the power adapter and mouse), and slots for 4-5 pens. I think I paid $33. It's a steal, and very tough.

Gabriel GR

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Athens, Greece
There are many nice backpacks for 15" inch laptops. Some not very bulky ones (very important for me and others who spend a lot of time in crowded trains, bus etc). Unfortunately that is not the case for the 13" macbook :(

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I pop mine into the incase sleeve (to protect from scuffs and minor scratches in the backpack) and then into the laptop pocket in my backpack.

Lloyd Christmas

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Im using the incase sleeve along with a northface jester backpack. Little expensive but I really like the shoulder straps. Had it for a few years. Pretty sure you can get it for cheaper now. Lloyd

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Do you mind sharing what was so negative about your Incase sleeve experience?
It's not that it was awful, but when you price it against the Tom Bihn, spending the extra money gives you a sleeve in a whole different category. The Incase protects against scratches and maybe dropping it six inches, the Brain Cell can take a drop from a couple feet without any concern.

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
Although not using a 15", I like my solution for my 13 uMBP.
I have a waterfield vertical sleeve without flap (on the right)

which I use with a medium sized STM Rogue.

While this backpack will hold a 15" notebook (or 15" uMBP), it is a nice tight fit with the waterfield sleeve.

Together they were just slightly over $100.

Also this company Spire makes some very nice backpacks, bags, and sleeves.
http://www.spireusa.com/products/index.htm