16 GB starting point is fine.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BanoraWhite, Sep 6, 2015.

1. BanoraWhite macrumors newbie

BanoraWhite

I really don't get why people are bashing Apple for not making 32 GB the base for the new iPhones. If people were going to get the 32 GB regardless for the $299 it cost, then just get the 64 GB model. I mean jeez double the storage for the same 32 GB price, be happy with that. I never even thought of the day 128 GB iPhones would exist. If no one buys the 16 GB model iPhone surely Apple would do something about it but for the time being they're still being sold so some people might want them for price or just don't use a lot of storage. That's just my take on the 16 GB base model option not being 32 GB. Now you may begin tearing me to shreds with your logic :( I'm a big boy.

2. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

Without wanting to play "forum police" -- why don't you post your thoughts in one of the several active threads on this topic(?)

3. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

The bottom line is that people want 32GB for the price of 16GB.

Getting 64GB for the price of 32GB doesn't provide any practical benefit if you're not going to use more than 32 anyway.

5. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

ah.. Phil Schiller's intern is now posting at MR? :rolleyes:

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

The 16gb Iphone 6s is a slap in the face to consumers

7. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

We're more or less coming around to this conclusion after debating it on existing threads. At least I certainly did after spending the morning researching what Samsung has been up to. Like I said over there, the grass isn't greener on the android side and there do seem to be enough people making a strong case for why they want only 16GB to make me concede Apple may know we haven't yet reached critical mass on the number of people done with 16GB to make a switchover.

Since I was pretty vocal and embarrassingly verbose complaining about the 16GB option, that's a big turnaround in attitude on my part. I can't speak for others who may still feel very strongly that it's wrong to start with 16GB in the flagship model.

It's all moot, anyway. The manufacturers make their decisions and don't adjust them until the next generation after marketing research data and sales figures come in. This decision was already made. I'm just happy there's a 128GB storage option. Samsung customers get massively cheated here now that Sammy has removed external expansion options on its newest flagship models.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr