Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As noted by a number of MacRumors forum members and Twitter users, Apple has begun preparing a number of stock Mac Pro configurations for delivery starting on December 30. In addition, many other users are seeing their credit cards charged and order statuses changed to "Preparing for Shipment". The new status indicates that orders cannot be canceled or changed and are in the final stage before the new Mac Pros are handed off to delivery companies.

Screen-Shot-2013-12-23-at-5.10.33-PM.png
Although the majority of users' reported dates appears to be December 30, a small number of users are also reporting that their deliver dates are December 27. Both dates would squeeze the new Mac Pros into Apple's self-imposed December release date for the new professional desktop computer.

It appears that the first shipments of the Mac Pros are all stock configurations, as it has thus far been unclear if custom configurations have been shipping out to users. Since online ordering has been available, the shipping estimates have slipped into February 2014, with demand outstripping supply.

Article Link: Apple Begins Preparing First Mac Pro Orders for December 30 Delivery

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Better to have a good product ship late, or last-minute, than to have a faulty product ship early and cause nothing but headaches.

*coughcoughios7coughcough*

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Sweet! That's my screen shot!

Second time in two weeks I've landed a screen shot in a MR headline :cool:

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
And how do you know demand is outstripping supply? You are just saying things as if they are somehow known.

Apple wouldn't wait to ship them out for no reason, the ship dates are slipping because they have sold more than have been made so far. So Apple has to manufacture more and then ship them out.

ender78

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Reporter : How many units did you ship in 2013
Apple PR : 10
Reporter : Wow you shipped 10 million units ?
Apple PR : No 10
Reporter : OK so you shipped 10 thousand units
Apple PR : No 10 aka less than 11, aka the number of fingers on your hands

Joking aside, all the pundits saying the unit won't sell have been proven wrong

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
Really pushing that December shipping estimate to the last day...

And your point is what exactly? Apple said they would ship in December. They are. Apple fulfilled their promise. I'm sure they would have shipped earlier if they were able to. But they didn't. It's OK. And some are getting them on Dec 27 which isn't the last day of December. Feel better?

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
Apple wouldn't wait to ship them out for no reason, the ship dates are slipping because they have sold more than have been made so far. So Apple has to manufacture more and then ship them out.

None have been shipped yet. Who knows how many have been produced and no one knows how many have been ordered. So there you have it. A lot of known unknowns.

aviationwiz

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2005
My email from Apple said delivery the 27th, although the 30th seems more likely for me because of the holiday - Apple says a package shipped today from Austin would arrive in the Twin Cities on Monday.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
And how do you know demand is outstripping supply? You are just saying things as if they are somehow known.

Huh? That is the only reason units would not ship when you ordered them....

----------

None have been shipped yet. Who knows how many have been produced and no one knows how many have been ordered. So there you have it. A lot of known unknowns.

We know the shipping estimates changed which makes it pretty clear people have ordered more then they had ready to ship..

awarlock

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2013
My Mac Pro Stock 6-Core shipped today on UPS from Texas to Kansas. My email says delivery on Dec. 26th!! Yay!! :D

The original ship date on my order was Dec 30th with an arrival date of Jan 3rd so Apple appears to certainly be beating my original expectations of arrival! I will certainly be keeping an eye on UPS tracking over the next couple of days.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 8.53.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 8.53.54 PM.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Wilbah

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
Mine got dropped today, arrives in the 27th- stock 6 core! Too bad I'll be outta town when it gets here :(

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Better to have a good product ship late, or last-minute, than to have a faulty product ship early and cause nothing but headaches.

*coughcoughios7coughcough*

iOS7 shipped early, was faulty and caused nothing but headaches? Interesting as the majority of people I know love it and it shipped according to Apple's normal beta period.

----------

Mine got dropped today, arrives in the 27th- stock 6 core! Too bad I'll be outta town when it gets here :(

Can I get your address? I will come by and keep an eye on it for you. :)

Djreversal

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2007
i almost wish i ordered a stock configuration lol.. i got a loaded up 6 core, and it just says "January" hopefully production moves along well and its early january not the 31st lol

V.K.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Really pushing that December shipping estimate to the last day...

yep, they certainly are. this was really just a nominal launch to fulfill earlier promises. It's pretty clear that they had some production issues. they are not even shipping any units to their retail stores (at least not in Canada). I called all the Apple Stores near Toronto and I was told in all of them that they do not expect any MP shipments before February and none of them even have any display units or expect them any time soon. Also, Cook's tweet on the launch day said that the MP production just started. Guess I should have stayed up till 3am on the 19th. Somehow I did not think that would be necessary. February it is.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

There is no other reason for the estimated shipping dates to change. If there was some sort of delay unrelated to supply then everyone's ship dates would be pushed back including the first people to order them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.