16GB iPhone has much louder speaker.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nichijin, Feb 8, 2008.

1. nichijin macrumors newbie

Hi all --

Yes, I too hate posts that jump the gun after every software update claiming/imaging that the iphone speaker volume is much higher. But this time, I think it is true. I just upgraded from the 8GB to 16GB iphone and was blown away by how much louder the speaker is (the speaker, not the earpiece), both when playing music and during phone calls.

Can anyone confirm/refute this? Unfortunately I have already reset my 8GB (in preparation of putting it on ebay) so I can't make a direct comparison.

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Every iPhone I have seen have these margins of differences. Speaker volume, button feel, screen quality, etc. There seems to be great differences between every iPhone.

3. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

I was wondering if they silently upgraded the iPhone tech wise....

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I do believe Apple silently soft 'updates' their iPhones. In other words, better hardware(speakers, mic, buttons). As for software wise, we all know those are widely known.

5. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Funny some of the earliest phones I've seen to be the best quality.

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I don't doubt Apple does "silent" upgrades. I bought a Mac Mini in the waning days of the G4 line. They had a 1.5GHz processor and dual-layer DVD burner instead of a 1.42GHz and only single-layer DVD burner.

With something as new as the iPhone, I'm sure they're working on improving bugs all of the time. It's good to know that they aren't just pumping out the same device day after day for 6 months.

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

My 16GB has pretty loud volume. I can have a song play through the speaker and hear it in the next room. But then again, the other two iPhones I have (a week 1 and a week 51) are pretty much just as loud.

8. Nik macrumors 6502

Could anyone test, if the processor of the 16 Gig model is faster than the 8 Gig one?
    Maybe the rendering-speed increased for nytimes.com as an example?!

9. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

I picked up a 16GB and I can see a lot of minor changes making it a much better one than I had. the build quality seems better no creaks, camera is flush, home button has no play side to side and virtually silent.
    all other buttons tight no play and nice tactile feel. The black bottom even seems to better plastic.
    Better screen, better speaker volume,
    this one gets a better signal and holds it.
    Mic is better then my previous phone, several people said i sounded garbled and would break up earpiece seems louder to me aswell as much better tonal quality(if thats the correct terminology)
    I spoke to a friend with whom I use to test a cellphone sound quality with.
    I hadn't mentioned to him about getting the iPhone back and he though I was on my landline.
    So I am really happy with this phone once again. I had take about 1 month hiatus from the iPhone to the MotoRazr2 V9(while a very nice and great phone) you just simply miss the iPhone once you have used it for any given time. So I don't know if all the 16Gb models are like this or if I got and exceptional one. But I am in love once again and i promise i will never leave it again. This truly is a remarkable device.

10. Nik macrumors 6502

According to 9to5Mac there is hope for the iPhone Safari-Browser to be faster with the next firmware update : http://www.9to5mac.com/webkit-speed-safari-khtml-2345432534

About twice as fast!
    That sounds really good to me. :)

However, I am gonna wait for the iPhone 2.0.
    By the way I save 50 Euros each month by not buying it.

11. neveleven macrumors member

neveleven

Heh mines unlocked, so I save 50 euros a month too....plus I've got one! LOL