Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last minute tidbits reveal a few more details about Apple's plans for later today. According to our sources, Apple will indeed be refreshing their entire iPod line at the media event.

Specifically, iPod Nanos are expected to be size-bumped from the current 4GB/8GB sizes up to 8GB/16GB models. As well, Apple will be introducing 9 different colors for each Nano (up from the current 6 colors). The additional colors are expected to be Purple, Yellow and Orange.

Sizes on the iPod Touch, however, will remain unchanged with 8GB, 16GB and 32GB options. Without size bumps, it's still unclear what other changes are in store for the iPod Touch.

Article Link

matthewroth

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2006
touches

ipod touches will have plastick backs... a la iphone.

but the idea of the new nanos sounds fun. the orange shuffle was the coolest of all and the 'spy shots' are in the same orange... NICE

epictempo

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
Sizes of nanos as expected, now how much will they drop the prices of the Touch, we will find out in a few short (feels very long) hours. And I love yellow!

Robertson1993

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
Im also hoping for iPod Touch & iPhone colours. Probably too far-fetched but I think it would be a great idea. Why not let us interchange the back of the iPhone and iPod Touch as well. Id love to be able to change from glossy black to glossy white ;)

Mukei

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
If they stay on 32Go (which would be regretful) I hope they will compensate with lot of hardware !
Camera, GPS at least !
Those are really needed to support a bunch of applies.
Also, I would be happy to have multiple color for the Touch !!

im_noahselby

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2003
Canada
I might pick up an orange or black iPod nano to compliment my iPhone 3G :p Maybe it will tide me over while I wait for Apple to release their new MBP's. I am a huge fan of the tall iPod nano design and am very happy to see it return. I never liked the fat iPod nano's as the design just didn't appeal to me.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
come on apple, these are just small bumps in capacity...

lets get some 64gb ipod tocuhes!!!

32gb nano's!!

now that will sell!!

wonder what will happen to the classics? 1TB? ;) lol!!

purple and yellow :eek:

aafuss1

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2002
Gold Coast, Australia
A white touch-already there's the iPhone 3G:black or white color choices, why offer the touch the same as well.

New in-ear buds in the touch at least-oh wait, you could always buy some from the Apple store.

nial.k

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2006
Oakland, California.
I might pick up an orange or black iPod nano to compliment my iPhone 3G :p Maybe it will tide me over while I wait for Apple to release their new MBP's. I am a huge fan of the tall iPod nano design and am very happy to see it return. I never liked the fat iPod nano's as the design just didn't appeal to me.

New MBPs hope they're soon :D
I'm waiting for them to release the darn things! (my "old" one suffered a drop)

dalvin200 said:
lets get some 64gb ipod tocuhes!!!

32gb nano's!!

Amen!

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Bummer about the iPod touches.

I have the 32gig model, and I really wanted to upgrade to the 64gb model. I dreamed of even 128gb model at a premium. (I would have paid it.)

I still hope the rumor is wrong and Apple keeps with the differentiation of more storage for the iPod touch. Otherwise, the touch will just be a phone-less, cheaper iPhone.

But who knows what tomorrow will bring. Honestly, I should be happy to not spend money in today's terrible economy and the prospect of a McCaine/Palin White house.

What I do hope and want is high quality updates to iTunes and iPhone. The shoddy quality of the current set of products stinks beyond belief. Sure, I'd love to buy a 64gb touch, but I'll be more than happy with quality.

Give us quality Apple...

Moriarty

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Yellow? Orange? Awesome! As long as they are nice bright shades, rather than the pathetic pale colours they have on offer at the moment.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
I may have to take a walk to the apple store and check out these rainbow nanos.

Seems like apple is going to have to do something to make iPods desirable again in the wake of the iPhone... or make price cuts.

Clayne

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2008
Hope ipod touch rumor is wrong...

Probably not, but oh well. Really pulling for 64 GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.