Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camarillo Brillo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2019
There it is! Wauw this computer feels a lot different than the 2018. You can notice that it is a little thicker, and this keyboard feel just right. It is a weird experience, in a good way!
“It really feels like it is build like a tank now.”

View attachment 920907
MBP 2020 4-port i5/16GB/1TB

Installing everything now, and might as well download all original photo’s due the 1TB storage which is overkill.

Turbo boost switcher Pro is turned on, let’s see how much battery i can squeeze out of this beauty!

thanks all for your reco
Nice!

Is that space grey? I'm typing on my silver 16" right now and it matches perfectly. Must be the lighting

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Hey there,

I allocated 8GB of Ram to Parallels and I am honestly afraid to give it more than that.
The laptop is super fast though, no slowdowns and the battery life is amazing.
I'd suggest giving Parallels 4 or 6GB of RAM. That may help the page swapping, without seeing a reduction in performance of Windows.

franna07

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2021
Hello. I wanted to enquire: I currently run Illustrator/Photoshop on a Windows 10 with 8GB of RAM and it is perfect for my needs. Is the RAM performance of Windows = MacBook, i.e. will a Macbook give me the same performance for the same designs I made on Windows?

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Hello. I wanted to enquire: I currently run Illustrator/Photoshop on a Windows 10 with 8GB of RAM and it is perfect for my needs. Is the RAM performance of Windows = MacBook, i.e. will a Macbook give me the same performance for the same designs I made on Windows?
I know MS Office runs better on Windows with less RAM and a slower CPU.

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
no. max it up 16 gb if m1 laptop. 8 gb in windows is not enough either if you open browser high memory like chrome. The best of my usage this day 10 to 12 gb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.