Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djentleman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
UK
My Plus seems to have an okay vibrate, but its much louder and sounds kinda annoyingly tinny. Does it have to "break in?" Is anyone else picking up on it?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
My Plus seems to have an okay vibrate, but its much louder and sounds kinda annoyingly tinny. Does it have to "break in?" Is anyone else picking up on it?

The vibrate on my 6+ is very loud. First time it vibrated was a "wtf was that" moment!

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014

Pretty sure I read in the teardown that Apple move the vibration motor to a new spot in the phone, maybe that's the difference you feel?

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Ru-roh...

Let the returns/exchanges for the "perfect" vibrate begin!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I did read in one of the reviews...I can't remember which one...the reviewer talking about how very loud the vibrate notification is. It's so loud it almost mitigates the purpose of purpose of having the ringer off.

Sigh. Someone's going to say it so here goes...vibrategate. There. Over and done with. I'm going back to my breakfast now.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Lol. If you think it's over and done you're clearly new to MR :p

Take heart, you were here for the birth of a life damaging, multiple phone returning, what would Steve have done? "Problem"

Poor Plus users :-(. Coupled with downscaling that monstrosity sure is going to take a beating in the forums lol

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
#VibrateGate

Gah...missed you posting this. I'm going to go get some tuna and smack you and myself with it.

Yeah I'm new. Well I've been reading off and on for a couple of years, mostly the iPad section. This is my first time for an iPhone release.

cperchard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Dear god if this is the only thing "wrong" with the iPhone 6 plus......I will be over the frigging moon. ENJOY IT!!

Djentleman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
UK
Ohhhh.... Now to await the over flow of "X is wrong with my phone.... any one else" threads...... FFS use it, enjoy it, it's a phone not a new kidney.

I am definitely using it and very happy with it. No regrets whatsoever. That doesn't mean I don't have questions I need answered, or concerns I feel I need to put forward. Same goes for anyone. But yeah, it's just a little loud is all.

Nothing to freak out about.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
I'd actually be happy if the vibration was stronger and/or louder. I have mine on vibrate almost all of the time, but I still want to be alerted when something comes in. Most of the time, I can't even feel the vibration when the iPhone is in my pocket. On the other hand, if it's "loud" enough to be a distraction in quiet places, that could definitely be an issue.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
It's definitely different. Not a bad different, just different. Feels like it's vibrating from a different place against different hardware lol.

rmchale

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009

This is because silent notifications are best received on a device like a watch. This is Apple's way of incentivizing you to buy one.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I did read in one of the reviews...I can't remember which one...the reviewer talking about how very loud the vibrate notification is. It's so loud it almost mitigates the purpose of purpose of having the ringer off.

Sigh. Someone's going to say it so here goes...vibrategate. There. Over and done with. I'm going back to my breakfast now.

Yup I read that review. Also can't recall which one though. Maybe the Disneyland review? Anyway, no biggie to me.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
My 6 Plus has that tinny vibration too. I guess it's not a defect if all models are like this? Hopefully they fix it down the road.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
FFS, im sitting here next to my front door waiting for my UPS 6 Plus delivery, which could come anytime from 9am-7pm, and now I have to deal with dorks from the forums complaining that their iPhones are horribly defective and atrocious. This is going to be a long day.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
FFS, im sitting here next to my front door waiting for my UPS 6 Plus delivery, which could come anytime from 9am-7pm, and now I have to deal with dorks from the forums complaining that their iPhones are horribly defective and atrocious. This is going to be a long day.

Yup. Welcome to the world of Apple. No matter how good it is, they'll find a way to point out how it's horribly flawed.

That vibration sounds awful. Have you heard it?

That and all the screen issues?

Yikes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.