Weird vibrate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Djentleman, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Djentleman macrumors 6502

Djentleman

My Plus seems to have an okay vibrate, but its much louder and sounds kinda annoyingly tinny. Does it have to "break in?" Is anyone else picking up on it?

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

The vibrate on my 6+ is very loud. First time it vibrated was a "wtf was that" moment!

3. Djentleman thread starter macrumors 6502

Djentleman

Right! So it's not just me being crazy then. I don't know what to make of it just yet.

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Ohhhh.... Now to await the over flow of "X is wrong with my phone.... any one else" threads...... FFS use it, enjoy it, it's a phone not a new kidney.

5. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Its time to log off MR. Mine is already "Out for delivery" I'll just wait till it gets to me and ENJOY it.. :D

6. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Pretty sure I read in the teardown that Apple move the vibration motor to a new spot in the phone, maybe that's the difference you feel?

7. ah93 macrumors member

8. itjw macrumors 65816

Ru-roh...

Let the returns/exchanges for the "perfect" vibrate begin!

9. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

I did read in one of the reviews...I can't remember which one...the reviewer talking about how very loud the vibrate notification is. It's so loud it almost mitigates the purpose of purpose of having the ringer off.

Sigh. Someone's going to say it so here goes...vibrategate. There. Over and done with. I'm going back to my breakfast now.

10. itjw macrumors 65816

Lol. If you think it's over and done you're clearly new to MR :p

Take heart, you were here for the birth of a life damaging, multiple phone returning, what would Steve have done? "Problem"

Poor Plus users :-(. Coupled with downscaling that monstrosity sure is going to take a beating in the forums lol

11. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Gah...missed you posting this. I'm going to go get some tuna and smack you and myself with it.

Yeah I'm new. Well I've been reading off and on for a couple of years, mostly the iPad section. This is my first time for an iPhone release.

12. itjw macrumors 65816

Strap in then. Gonna be a bumpy vibrating ride for the Plus here :)

13. cperchard macrumors 6502a

Dear god if this is the only thing "wrong" with the iPhone 6 plus......I will be over the frigging moon. ENJOY IT!!

14. Djentleman thread starter macrumors 6502

Djentleman

I am definitely using it and very happy with it. No regrets whatsoever. That doesn't mean I don't have questions I need answered, or concerns I feel I need to put forward. Same goes for anyone. But yeah, it's just a little loud is all.

Nothing to freak out about.

15. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I'd actually be happy if the vibration was stronger and/or louder. I have mine on vibrate almost all of the time, but I still want to be alerted when something comes in. Most of the time, I can't even feel the vibration when the iPhone is in my pocket. On the other hand, if it's "loud" enough to be a distraction in quiet places, that could definitely be an issue.

16. jamets515 macrumors regular

Up voted for the signature :D

17. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

It's definitely different. Not a bad different, just different. Feels like it's vibrating from a different place against different hardware lol.

18. rmchale macrumors regular

This is because silent notifications are best received on a device like a watch. This is Apple's way of incentivizing you to buy one.

19. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Yup I read that review. Also can't recall which one though. Maybe the Disneyland review? Anyway, no biggie to me.

20. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

My 6 Plus has that tinny vibration too. I guess it's not a defect if all models are like this? Hopefully they fix it down the road.

21. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

FFS, im sitting here next to my front door waiting for my UPS 6 Plus delivery, which could come anytime from 9am-7pm, and now I have to deal with dorks from the forums complaining that their iPhones are horribly defective and atrocious. This is going to be a long day.

22. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Mine too, even with the case on.

23. scandalousapple macrumors newbie

Vibration comes from hardware. It's a hardware problem. I think yall should go to Apple to get thing sort out before the stocks run low.

24. itjw macrumors 65816

Yup. Welcome to the world of Apple. No matter how good it is, they'll find a way to point out how it's horribly flawed.

That vibration sounds awful. Have you heard it?

That and all the screen issues?

Yikes!