Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xlosltove777

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2006
Long Island, NY
My Official Count is
Music - 9767- 49.77GB
Movies - 31 - 27.72
TV Shows - 423 - 96.09
Podcasts - 222 - 3.85GB
Almost all my movies and music videos work well on the iPod(so its low enough quality). But I do have House First Season in 720p. My MP3's probably average around 128-196. I'd like to go lossless, but I just don't have the hard drive space(and the $ for an external)

Attachments

• macrumors2.jpg
    macrumors2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 103
  • movie.jpg
    movie.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Music.jpg
    Music.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 75

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada
Errhhmmm!!! Why are you on this Forum? YOU OWN A F****** WINDOWS PC! I'm not against you or anything because you might be runnig it on a mac and you listen to Queen (now thats cool)
But I don't see why you would take a screenshot of Windows if you have the beauty of a Macintosh!

Im waiting for upgrades on the macs as for my windows computer im not laughing its very nice and i like it.

Btw its actually a laptop

As I said before yes Queen is the best their my favorite band

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Hm, I could swear I posted here before. Anyway, here's mine.

1981 songs, 3 days, 23 hours, 31 minutes and 39 seconds, 6.89 GB
5 movies, 8 hours and 5 seconds, 3.68GB
96 TV episodes, 1 day, 11 hours, 5 minutes and 20 seconds, 12.85GB (and many more on my external drive)

uncompressed

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2007
the boonies
I feel like Thog the caveman, beating his chest and showing off his newest club... "Me have bigger pile of rock! Me get womenfolk!"

Ok. I'm a musician and will be studying performance in the fall. I'm gigging or recording pretty much constantly. I spend quite a few hours a day listening to music...

But what about my vinyl? I'd say I've got... 65.2 pounds of that stuff. ;)

You guys think 256 or lossless takes up a lot of space? Try dealing with digital multitrack "masters" from when I engineer or produce recordings. Imagine 8 (at the minimum, normally 12-16 depending on what type of music and how many overdubs, double-tracks, extra takes, etc) channels of audio recorded in .wav files, sometimes 24 bit depth, and 96k (if the computer can handle that many tracks at those settings). Like this, it's not hard for 3 tracks to eat up a gig. Not fun (and easy to overheat a hard drive while recording that stuff, too).

This is why my new Santa Rosa MacbookPro is gonna be eventually getting an external Gylph Firewire hard drive for recording purposes. Oooh yeah.... I cannot wait to ditch this Windows box.

All the stuff in my library, with the exception of 3 short Borat clips, is music. I've got a few albums from waaay back as entire files, and as you can tell, use pretty high bitrates. Rock, jazz, classical, world, fusion, funk, Latin... it's all good. 8)

Attachments

• 8 april.bmp
    12.7 KB · Views: 115

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada
I feel like Thog the caveman, beating his chest and showing off his newest club... "Me have bigger pile of rock! Me get womenfolk!"

Ok. I'm a musician and will be studying performance in the fall. I'm gigging or recording pretty much constantly. I spend quite a few hours a day listening to music...

But what about my vinyl? I'd say I've got... 65.2 pounds of that stuff. ;)

You guys think 256 or lossless takes up a lot of space? Try dealing with digital multitrack "masters" from when I engineer or produce recordings. Imagine 8 (at the minimum, normally 12-16 depending on what type of music and how many overdubs, double-tracks, extra takes, etc) channels of audio recorded in .wav files, sometimes 24 bit depth, and 96k (if the computer can handle that many tracks at those settings). Like this, it's not hard for 3 tracks to eat up a gig. Not fun (and easy to overheat a hard drive while recording that stuff, too).

This is why my new Santa Rosa MacbookPro is gonna be eventually getting an external Gylph Firewire hard drive for recording purposes. Oooh yeah.... I cannot wait to ditch this Windows box.

All the stuff in my library, with the exception of 3 short Borat clips, is music. I've got a few albums from waaay back as entire files, and as you can tell, use pretty high bitrates. Rock, jazz, classical, world, fusion, funk, Latin... it's all good. 8)

No one cares

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
According to my iPod (don't have my MBP atm, in for service), 6218 songs, 5 Videos (I have loads more on external HDD).

I don't generally keep movies and videos on my iPod, I only have 3 music videos, and 2 entire live gigs (Massive Attack Live at Abbey Road and The Cat Empire Live at The Chapel).

My song count would be about 7000 if I had my MBP right now. Since it's gone in for service, I've bought a shedload of CDs and downloaded tonnes of EPs/free releases.

NickD

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2007
Colorado
Eh, not a ton. When I get my classical and jazz collection on there though, it should go up a couple thousand.

1658 items, 6.8 days, 8.87GB

-kritter-

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2007
Idaho
ehh, works for me, im really picky when it comes to music...

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 220

pixelbaker

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2006
There's something almost liberating about knowing that I could listen to all unique music for a whole month solid. :D
I'm 18 btw and this is music only.
2003512430401221179_rs.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.