18 year old iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sdb53, May 11, 2011.

1. sdb53 macrumors newbie

So I know there are lots of threads about this but I am an 18 year old boy and past the stage of oh is this girly. So anyway should I get the white or black iPad. White won't get dirty because it is covered in glass.

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

My first thought was "God that's an old iPad!"

White looks cheap in my opinion.

But it's up to you. Surely you can make that choice? :)

3. iLucas macrumors 6502

I have both and i think the white one looks better. I'd suggest going to an Apple store if close and looking at both. It'll help your choice. Some people say the white bezel is distracting while watching movies and such but i have never found it to be

4. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

I'm a guy and I have the White iPad 2 and I love it! My best advice is to just go with you gut.

5. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

White works well with most apps, and web browsing. (things that have mostly white backgrounds.)

Black works well with video, especially letterboxed 16:9 video (as the black bars kind of fade into the frame.)

Both models are gender neutral.

Oh, and I first thought you were talking about an 18 year old iPad. Honestly, if you find an 18 year old iPad 2 -- check the Stock Market APP. You could probably get rich. Just invest and wait for 17 and 3/4 years, because an 18 year old iPad 2 would have to be from the future... :cool:

6. Janet1 macrumors member

So did I, only I thought it was going to be one of those old Etch-a-Sketch jokes. "To reboot, turn it upside down and shake it!"

As far as whether you should get black or white? I say wait for the next generation, to see if Apple offers better color options.

I mean, really, about the only benefit of one color over the other is that if you get white, people will definitely know you have an iPad 2 instead of an iPad 1, if that type of thing makes a difference to you.

7. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

White iPad + black case. Then you're covered both ways.

8. synagence macrumors 6502a

White bezel on the iPad appears to make the screen smaller to me.... you might not notice

9. gadget123 macrumors 68000

No other way about I have a black iPad 2 and a White Case I can remove anytime.

Go for Black and buy a cheap White leather case sorted :cool:

10. donnaw macrumors 65816

If you feel mature enough to get over the "girly"thing then you should not need confirmation from the forum members. Get what you like and don't worry about what others think. I'm a LOT older than you - one of the best lessons you will learn in life is to not worry about what others think.

Get which ever one you like the best and enjoy.

11. hoanganh macrumors member

I think white is better and the reasons are:
    - feel bored with all ios devices in black: iphone, ipod touch & ipad 1!
    - white looks more energetic
    - goes great with all color of any case!
    - people cannot think it's the 1st :p

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I picked up a white 16GB WIFI this weekend and I actually like it. Definitely a break from the norm.

13. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Associating color with gender is one of the many things that is wrong with our society. If you like the white then you should get it! You can always clean it if it gets dirty.

14. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

well said.

more wasted bandwidth on another thread that has been posted on before...

15. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Remember to get a pink smart cover, my brother...

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

How will you make any important decisions in life if you can't even decide on a color for yourself?

17. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

18. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Good advice. That tells other people you are completely secure in your masculinity — and besides that, it's a great conversation starter. You'll get way more girls asking you about your iPad if you go pink.

19. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I came in here half expecting to see either a VERY EARLY prototype Newton, or someone who built a time machine and performed some extended operating tests... I are disappoint.

20. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (device; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

At first I thought you found a really old iPad 2. After reading your post it makes sense.

As for your question, I'm 17 and I've ordered a white iPad 2 (evident in my signature). I hate that people are associating the colours of devices with gender. It's just stupid. I'm getting the white because it stands out more and looks more unique. Every electronic device you see is black and I'm bored with it.

Get whichever you want and don't worry about what people think.

21. e34guy macrumors member

Agree with you 100%! even with the "God that's an old iPad!" statement

22. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

23. Karr271 macrumors regular

My first iPad 2 was white. I sold it to upgrade to a 3G version two days ago and chose black over white. I am getting tired of my black iPhone 4 being black and I thought my white iPad 2 would be great but I think the color suites the device differently. My black iPad 2 is amazing and I like it so much more than the white. The black seems to fade away as the white was distracting. And I handle business, so black looks better to present to clients than a white iPad. On The other hand, I want s white iPhone 4. I think the iPhone looks amazing in white. Not so much for an iPad.

Also, since MacBook pro is black, my iPad is black I think I'll get a black iPhone 4. I like my things to match. It was weird having my white iPad and lack iPhone next to each other on the table at barnes and noble lol

24. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

White just doesn't look right to me. It looks cheap, but you can make your own decision. You may like white. At least this isn't another thread of "why should I get an iPad?"

25. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

"18 year old iPad." You must be from the future!