$19.99 Belkin Snap Shield Sale @ Target

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by thatoneguy82, Mar 24, 2012.

1. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

So, I went to Target to buy some laundry detergent and I went to the electronics department like I usually do. I saw in the iPad section all the way at the bottom "Price Cut". It was for the case. Of course it said iPad 2 but I was sure it would fit my new iPad. Tried it on and viola! It snapped on no problem.

Of course this entire post is moot if this has already been discussed. The sale ends 4/14 according to price label.

2. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

I bought the same one from Best Buy today but I feel like it is still loose on the top. It doesn't really "snap on" per say.

3. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Hmm.. Mine is pretty tight. I can see all the case "holdings" (?) on the edges and they all are on top on the iPad.

4. pbateman.as macrumors member

pbateman.as

Great tip! Just got back from Target and they had the Snap Shield Secure for $19.99. Picked one up and it fits my new iPad like a glove.

5. eternalife macrumors regular

Got mine the other day. This case would be perfect if it locked the smart cover from falling off. I almost dropped the ipad the other day when my cover fell off. Since it doesn't I'm still on the hunt for the perfect back case - one the locks the cover and magnetically holds the cover in place when open. Any clues?

6. dread macrumors 6502a

I think the incipio smart feather does this.

7. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I got one too... Clear snap shield secure.
    It went on easily enough, and it wasn't too difficult to remove when I had to return my iPad...no cracks!
    I like the fact that it doesn't lock to the smart cover.. It's a plus being able to take the smart cover off whenever I want.

8. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I'm not sure what the looseness/tightness that you guys are talking about. All I know is mine fit fine. I had to give it a bit more pressure since it looked it wasn't going to fit, but it did. As far as holding it, I don't feel that it would pop out. Taking it off actually a bit more effort, I thought I was going to break/crack it

9. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

The Belkin Snap Shield for iPad 2 does not fit the The New iPad properly. The back bows outwards causing the TPU to pull away from the center resulting in a blurry Apple logo and a 'bubble' in your hands.

I returned mine.

BJ

10. pbateman.as macrumors member

pbateman.as

Since they were on sale, I actually bought 2 of them and one fits a little bit better than the other. Goes on and off a little easier, but not much of a difference. Either way, I think they're fine.

11. eternalife macrumors regular

It locks the smart cover when closed but doesn't hold it back when open (no magnet).

12. pbateman.as macrumors member

pbateman.as

Been using mine since last night and haven't seen this problem. Will keep an eye out for it though.

13. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I wonder with all these inconsistencies of the fit, I wonder where the problem is: the iPad or the case? It seems to be only a few mm of difference. As far as the one I got, it fits as advertised. Secure, no buckling and takes effort to remove. Smart cover works unobstructed. It's really perplexing. I have a black Verizon iPad 64GB. does that make a difference?

14. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Its called quality control and Belkin makes cheap **** and so sometimes you get what you paid for. Nuff Said!

15. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Haha. That's what I was thinking actually. I guess I got "lucky" then.

16. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

I went back to Best Buy, returned it and got another Belkin Snap Shield. I told them if I can try it out on the spot and they opened it for me. I think the one I returned had something wrong with it. This one is perfectly fine.

:)

17. pbateman.as macrumors member

pbateman.as

Just picked up a new smart cover to go with this and it doesn't fit as well as my existing smart cover, so there are definitely fit variances in most of this stuff.

18. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

Just picked up my Snap Shield Secure Belkin from Target on my lunch break. $19.99 sale price I couldn't pass up.

19. pbateman.as macrumors member

pbateman.as

Any problems fitting your new iPad?

20. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I didn't realize these came in other colors besides clear. I was in Target again and checked out the stock and saw that it was practically empty. However, they did have the clear smoke and a clear pink besides the clear. Anyway, I didn't get one again, but just wanted to see.

And oh yeah, it ends 4/14/2012 per Target signage.

21. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

To tight a fit so returning tomorrow. Will wait for the iPad 3 version.

22. jbrady3324 macrumors regular

Picked up Belkin Snap Shield Secure (smoke) for $19.99 at target. Fits perfectly on my New Ipad. Snapped on easily as well.

23. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Speck SmartShell which they said will be available in a week. Locks the cover on and locks it open.

24. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I picked one of these up in the Pittsburgh airport when we were traveling home, I got my iPad while we were up in PA and I wanted some kind of cover while on the road (Universal studios for a week too).

The sales guy said it would fit and it seems like an excellent fit. Not quite the Target bargain but not bad for an airport electronics-r-us kind of shop!