1Password will not launch without latest update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CoastalOR, Feb 19, 2017.

1. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

1Password would not launch on our 3 Macs this morning. I got this error:

1Password 6001.jpg

Agilebits knows about the problem and 1Password 6.5.5 has to be downloaded and installed. Here is a link to information about the error that includes a link to download 1Password 6.5.5:
    https://support.1password.com/error-connect-to-mini/

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I did see this a little while ago, I have did as stated on their site and was able to start 1password. Ok now.

3. CoastalOR thread starter macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

It took me awhile to figure out how to fix the problem. The error I got, see my op, did not have the "Learn more" button. The only choice was "Quit". I restarted my MBP (running OS 10.12.3) multiple times, logged in to my other User account, and booted to Safe mode all with no solution. I was considering doing a NVRAM and SMC resets or even reinstalling Sierra. Fortunately, before going any further, I started to suspect a AgileBits issue, so I thought I would see if there was the same problem on the other Macs. I started my wife's MBP (OS 10.10.5) and the error window did have the "Learn more" button, so then I was on my way to fixing the problem.

It was good that AgileBits was on the problem and got a fix out quickly. I am disappointed that AgileBits had such a major problem that caused NO access to 1Passwords needed passwords and, in my case, no notification to the User since I did not have the "Learn more" button.