Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noraa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
I’ve been pretty vocal in regards to my anger at AgileBits latest decision, especially in how they are seemingly abandoning there long time users with the elimination of local vaults, forcing people into a subscription, and converting their great native Mac App into an Electron app. The iOS version of 1Password was just updated to v 7.8, and it removed a key feature in the share sheet extension, in favor of a newly redesign iOS 15 Safari extension that doesn’t work with local vaults - and this was done despite assurances from the 1P dev team that 1Password 7 would continue to fully support local vaults.

In any case, I have been rallying other equally upset users to either update their 1Password reviews on the App Store with 1 star reviews, or write brand-new 1 star reviews expressing our extreme frustration and anger with these latest changes.

I honestly have no idea if it will make any effect whatsoever, but I figured it certainly can’t hurt. I doubt it will change any of AgileBits’ long term plans, but maybe, just maybe, they’ll at least bring back the share sheet extension.

einsteinbqat

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Canada
They willingly crippled the app by removing the share sheet thus affecting local vault users when they keep saying for months now that this will only happen with 1P version 8.

And that AgileBits guy, the founder, saying that not mentioning the retirement of the share sheet on the release not was in oversight… AS IF!

• Sad
Reactions: cadec

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015
I gave up on 1Password when they first introduced the subscription model, been using Bitwarden since then and honestly I like it a lot more than 1Password plus no subscriptions.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I gave up on 1Password when they first introduced the subscription model, been using Bitwarden since then and honestly I like it a lot more than 1Password plus no subscriptions.
1Password is indeed driving away users this way. Hope for topic starter 1Password will change it mind indeed and see a drop in users and see bad reviews in the App Store and therefore bring back basic functionalities. I already lost faith though and switched.

I also switched to Bitwarden I'm however subscribed to Personal Plan > Premium for 9.99 dollar (with 2FA and self host option) a year and love the features it offers. Another option you could go for is KeePass but if you would be using that then you have to use third party apps which might not be the best option to go for security wise.

Last edited:

cadec

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2020
I use earlier Mac version of Enpass but do not connect to the cloud ever. only on the main desktop and via encrypted file on usb if I need to transfer to other Mac.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.