1st Gen to 4th Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Diamons, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Diamons macrumors newbie

My 1st gen died a few weeks ago and my iPod Touch 4th gen is being delivered tomorrow. I'm just so excited and happy and whatnot. I haven't been this excited for an iPod Touch since the first one came out.

What kind of improvements can I expect to see going from 1st gen all the way to 4th gen? Will there be like a big "WOW" when I use it?:apple:

2. Wallace2 macrumors member

Yes, there was a wow moment when I got the 3rd gen and the 4th gen is even faster.

3. RyanNoah macrumors newbie

First thing you will notice is the speed of scrolling through menus, loading apps, etc. BIG difference.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

My first gen just won't die! But thats a good thing. :eek:

I have a iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch First generation, and the speed improvement and snappy-ness is just unbelievable. Supposedly, the iPod Touch 4 is much faster than the 3GS, so I can only imagine how much nicer it would be.

5. ersatz macrumors newbie

I also went from a 1st gen to 4th gen and it's awesome, for the most part. A camera, microphone, speakers.. I was ecstatic. lol I drained the battery very quickly with games, taking pictures and videos, and general playing around...

6. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Threads like this make me so happy,my last iPod was a 1st gen Touch.And my 3G is being delivered tomorrow. :) Can't wait to see this thing perform,and now I find out it has twice the RAM of my 1G. nice...:D

7. corry20 macrumors regular

I'm still using a ipod touch 1st gen.I'm holding out till the white Iphone 4 comes out I may be holding out for a while.I can't wait I do notice the lag.

8. Warbitrary macrumors regular

If your 3G is a 32/64GB, it also has twice the processor speed (800 vs 400 Mhz). Should be quite a leap.

9. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

That is interesting. Talk about nice timing with the death and birth of your products. Tell us your impressions and differences from the previous generation to the new device.