1st Generation Bugs

indognito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
This new line of macbook pros is sure to have bugs like most 1st generation releases (well first generation of this redesign). Should I throw caution to the wind and buy one anyway? Are you?

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 68040
Sep 27, 2008
It doesn't bother me at all. The only thing that will prevent me from pulling the trigger the moment orders go live is if Apple doesn't offer an option for 32 GB of RAM. I need 32 GB of RAM now (at times) and it will become even more important over time and I need this MBP to last at least 3 years.

Reactions: indognito

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
My 2011 MacBook Pro was one of the oldest in that form and I still had to get the logic board replaced thrice. So it doesn't matter wether it's the first or last, it can happen so I wouldn't worry.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
that is the risk when they redesign or there is a new line. but if it is just a software bug, no problem - it probably will be fixed. hw is another thing but unfortunately most issues take so long time to develope that there isnt point just to wait and see if you need a new computer.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Usually the second generation has significant improvements. For the retina, the later models have more battery life and faster SSDs.

However, later models also didn't have discreet graphics at the base level, so that was a loss. BUT at the same time, the later models also had a $200 price drop. So perhaps it's a wash.