1st Generation Bugs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by indognito, Oct 19, 2016.

1. indognito macrumors newbie

This new line of macbook pros is sure to have bugs like most 1st generation releases (well first generation of this redesign). Should I throw caution to the wind and buy one anyway? Are you?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I wouldn't fret over it. Late 2008 MacBooks and MacBook Pros were 1st generation machines and are one of the best out there working till this day.

3. jerryk macrumors 68020

The only reason I would wait is for a KabyLake processor, but that is a relatively minor issue.

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

It doesn't bother me at all. The only thing that will prevent me from pulling the trigger the moment orders go live is if Apple doesn't offer an option for 32 GB of RAM. I need 32 GB of RAM now (at times) and it will become even more important over time and I need this MBP to last at least 3 years.

5. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

My 2011 MacBook Pro was one of the oldest in that form and I still had to get the logic board replaced thrice. So it doesn't matter wether it's the first or last, it can happen so I wouldn't worry.

6. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

that is the risk when they redesign or there is a new line. but if it is just a software bug, no problem - it probably will be fixed. hw is another thing but unfortunately most issues take so long time to develope that there isnt point just to wait and see if you need a new computer.

7. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Usually the second generation has significant improvements. For the retina, the later models have more battery life and faster SSDs.

However, later models also didn't have discreet graphics at the base level, so that was a loss. BUT at the same time, the later models also had a $200 price drop. So perhaps it's a wash.