1st Generation iPod touch Owners Getting the New One?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blubox, Sep 15, 2008.

1. blubox macrumors member

I was wondering if iPod touch 1st generation owners are going to buy/switch to the new iPod touch.

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

if you bought it within 2 or 3 mths and get a nice guy they'll let u return it 4 the new 1 (thats wut i did)

(800) MY APPLE

3. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Bought it. Love it. Voice/audio IM on it. Sweet.

4. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

I'm keeping mine for now till the next generation iPhone

5. Kkatyboo macrumors member

i feel like i just bought mine! I got it for christmas last year. . . so I guess I really didnt. If only I had waited a little longer! Oh well. I have a feeling that if I were to get the new one, the same thing would happen again! So I think... I'll just keep waiting. lol

6. ApplePicks macrumors newbie

I don't see much of a difference really... I think I'm just waiting for a bigger iphone.. now that they're available in Canada... At least a 32 gig... Then maybe I'll switch.

7. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

8. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I got the new one. I don't think its worth the full retail price to upgrade if you own a 1G, but I did because when I heard that the new ones were coming out, I sold my 1G and managed to get $300 for it. So I consider the $120 or so that I had to dish out to upgrade was worth it, especially since I went from 16GB to 32GB.

9. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

Nope. Why bother? I can get a remote or buy a pair of headphones with controls in them and I do not need nike+

10. gusto5 macrumors member

If anything, you should jump on the old models while they're still available at a cheaper price.

11. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i was thinking about it but i'm not going to. i'll just wait another year then buy a new one. the main feature i want is the ability to use the microphone and the speaker but i can live w/o it.

12. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

I am for the ability to use the mic and headphone, better battery life and the internal speakers for alarms. Enough of a change for me to upgrade.

13. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

14. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    No Way.

I think my 1st gen is way better than the new ones. I don't like the way the new ones feel. I like the sturdiness and the screen of the 1st gen. :D

15. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Ditto ;)

16. frankiepdx macrumors regular

frankiepdx

Waiting for the refurb. I will enjoy the speaker option regardless of quality. Use my Touch 6-8 hours a day for construction work and sometimes the headphones are too much and I'd like to be a human jukebox.

17. Funplex macrumors regular

Heck no. It's not nearly enough of an update for me to ditch the first gen. Maybe next time they update, but it's just a speaker and some buttons. Maybe if they'd put a decent finish backing on them, but not what they put out.

18. rcon macrumors newbie

I did it for a couple of reasons, one being I had just purchased the 1G not knowing that a new one was about to be released ( I definitely would have waited )
    The other thing is that I wasn't happy with the on-screen volume control slide-- it seemed at times it would "lock" into whatever position it was in and I had to play around with it to adjust the volume. So, the volume controls on the 2G was an up-tick for me. What's ironic is , the on-screen volume slide on my 2G works like a charm!
    By the way, it fits into my 1G Belkin soft rubber case pretty good. I am contemplating carefully cutting a slot for the volume controls. May not need to, though.

19. Big bob macrumors newbie

did u buy our ipod online or out of a shop, also did u open it and did u have a receipt

20. franzmueller macrumors regular

Nope.. mine is almost a year old and still working fine , also I´ve got the iphone 3G so I´m covered and haven´t really use my touch since then .... the iphone is way better :D

Saludos

21. gsugators macrumors member

I took my sealed brand new 32GB 1G touch and exchanged for the 2G iPod touch without a receipt. I paid a $21 difference. This was at the Apple Store.

22. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Build quality will be half that of the previous one.

23. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I have a 16gb 1G. I'd like to see someone compare the screens of the 1G and 2G. I understand the Yellow tinge is there from the Iphone 3G. It replaces the bluish tinge of the 1G. How does that effect the image?
    Are colors any more vibrant on the new model, and how does black contrast level compare is it about the same?