Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sinfire

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Standing in line at the galleria. There were 4 people at 1:30, now the line is up to about 50 people.

pjbugs007

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2010
Good luck to you Scott and the rest of you standing in line that not only do you get an iPad but one that is not defected!!!!!

macrobat

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
Here in Santa Monica it's 1:12 3 people ahead and 1 behind, maybe didn't need to come this early. What sucks is the girl behind me is getting paid by her boss to wait in line she isn't even buying one!!

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
Here in Santa Monica it's 1:12 3 people ahead and 1 behind, maybe didn't need to come this early. What sucks is the girl behind me is getting paid by her boss to wait in line she isn't even buying one!!

One lady in our line is doing that for her sister. She literally has no idea what an iPad is. It's funny when she's the one who has to answer te question we keep getting from people walking by, "What ae you waiting for?"

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas

Attachments

• commie-ipad.jpg
    commie-ipad.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 61

The Doop

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
My BB handed out vouchers 10 minutes ago...Really surprised they did that. But they only have five 64G. :(

Off to smoke a little and then the weekend can begin!

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2008
Sorry to go off-topic, but when you enter the Apple store do you go straight to the counter to pick the iPad up+accessories?

djwazzy

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2004
My BB handed out vouchers 10 minutes ago...Really surprised they did that. But they only have five 64G. :(

Off to smoke a little and then the weekend can begin!

Best Buy Inner Harbor in Baltimore told me the same thing - 5 64GB 3G only

Sinfire

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Up to about 100 people at the galleria. An Apple manager came by asking what each person was buying and most people at the front of the line were picking up 2 64gb iPads

Bearpaw

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
Also, just wanted to let you know that your wait in line will score you an Ipad before I get my pre-ordered one. I was at work today when the Fedex guy came to the house. I guess he didn't notice the pre-signed authorization I left taped to the door. He took my ipad back with him to the Fedex cave and left a slip saying they would redeliver on Monday. Rats

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
Also, just wanted to let you know that your wait in line will score you an Ipad before I get my pre-ordered one. I was at work today when the Fedex guy came to the house. I guess he didn't notice the pre-signed authorization I left taped to the door. He took my ipad back with him to the Fedex cave and left a slip saying they would redeliver on Monday. Rats

Ouch!!
How frustrating.

Sinfire

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
It's all part of the big pep rally so that when they open the doors all the employees will be cheering and clapping as we walk into the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.