1St iPhone experience-advice needed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by .paul, Oct 8, 2011.

1. .paul macrumors member

.paul

I have been searching and searching and didn't want to start a thread unless I absolutely had to...

I live in Auburn, WA close to seattle, etc. Any thoughts on what my best chances are on getting a 4S on release date?

I have best buys around, apple stores around, att stores around, radio shacks, targets, etc.

Thoughts, opinions on what will be best?

[​IMG]

BTW I want one of these lil guys...

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You'll need to obviously make a line the day before at minimum to get one on launch date. And those guys can be found in either Lowe's, Home Depot or any other home improvement home with expanded gardening section.

3. ClubDownforce macrumors newbie

I should go to sleep. When you said make a line, I thought, "Why is this guy telling him to do coke?", and when you said something about the gardening section, I was wondering what Mexicans had to do with any of this anyway...

Yeah...

Anyway, yes. Get in line if you didn't preorder. And best to probably do it in an Apple store, as the odds of getting one from a carrier store are much less, in my previous experience.

4. .paul thread starter macrumors member

.paul

Ack, my wife is going to kill me. In the past releases how long does it take to replenish?? My wife is an authorized user, so she will have to come correct?? Lowe's sells garden gnomes w/ak47s? Have really enjoyed reading this forum through the 4S process...

----------

I probably won't do a line of coke...a can of coke, now that is a difference story. Also, my thoughts were that the apple stores around here are probably going to be jammmmmmmmmmmmed...Maybe I will have to make a trip to the apple store's nearby to do some recon...

5. meaty macrumors member

6. ClubDownforce macrumors newbie

Probably in the best interest of anyone in line around you. No one likes a tweaker.

Anyway, what about the seemingly more obscure places to pre-order? Targets, WalMart, RadioShack... You know, the places no one wants to go, ever? Might still be able to get in on one their for launch day.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

1. How long does it take to restock? Well, Apple Store are the quickest to restock, and those vary by store. In cities with multiple store, the main stores receive shipments daily. Other lesser/smaller stores 3 day waiting or more.

2. I have seen Lowe's carry gnomes in many shapes & forms. Give 'em a try?

3. Who is the main account owner? You or your wife? Who ever is, that person is the one needed.

4. Yes, can of coke. Also, stay away from Apple Stores, they are usually the most crowded and the best way to make a line and probably not get anything.

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

We've also got some tiny, out of the way Sprint stores, if you do a search for them. They're always empty.

9. .paul thread starter macrumors member

.paul

And what are you going to do for release day?

See, that's what I was thinking I could do, I have no idea on their numbers of units compared vs an Apple store or ATT.

----------

The MAIN account holder is my father in law that lives 2.5 hours away...am I screwed? Don't think he's gonna make the drive to make me happy...I married his daughter, what does he owe me? LOL.

Gotta get ATT per my boss (wife).

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

1. Just bribe him with beer or lunch on you. Bribes with father in laws work astonishingly well.:cool:

2. Yes, wives are our bosses in the end. No escape to that one...:(

11. .paul thread starter macrumors member

.paul

piss...Sounds like I'll have to order online and wait. :(

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That bad?

13. .paul thread starter macrumors member

.paul

Kind of...? Was really looking forward to having it on the first day. I've been following this damn iphone4S/5 ordeal for awhile in anticipation of getting it on the first day. *sigh* it's kind of a PITA to figure out how to order online and transferring my number over, my wife has to do it since she has all the info too, she also hates doing this kind of stuff, but oh well. I just need to chill and enjoy my day off that I took off special for it. crap.

14. meaty macrumors member

not getting the 4S. plans too expensive right now being a college student and my dad works for tmobile so my mobile is only $20 a month. looks like a fun phone, but i think i can wait.

15. .paul thread starter macrumors member

.paul

Got it. I haven't really had a nice phone before. So I'm pretty pumped. I live up on Lea hill btw.

16. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

No clue! They have almost nothing on display and while I've been in several in the Seattle area, there was never anyone else in any of them.

17. Aleco macrumors regular

If the bill is under your wife's name, have your wife call AT&T (or w.e service provider) and tell them to add you as an authorized user. You'll be able to make upgrades yourself at any store, Apple is usually lenient (depending on the location) when your there to get iPhones under the account aslong as you have the correct information (Name, Zip Code, Last 4 SSN, and Billing Pass if applied).

18. .paul thread starter macrumors member

.paul

She is an authorized used. Not the main acct person. The main acct holder lives 2.5 hours away. Can my wife still make upgrades in store? There will have to a lot of changes to the account when we go in. Add my line and transfer number. Delete her old line. Add her line and also transfer her tmo #.

19. .paul thread starter macrumors member

.paul

had to pre-order...21-28 days expected for shipping...damn...

20. .paul thread starter macrumors member

.paul

From the sounds of it there are nothing but 4S all over the place. Any chance I could go into a store and pick one up rather than wait until mine gets delivered??