2.1.1 Ipod Touch UPDATE

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touchmaster, Nov 2, 2007.

1. touchmaster macrumors newbie

As seen on Numerous websites, Apple will be realeasing the iPod Touch update 2.1.1 on November 5th. Apple, unfortunately, was very mum on the update, giving only a few of the "numerous" updates it will provide.

"...but what we will tell you is that after numberous email request, you will now be able to purchase music videos, movies, and tv shows wirelessly on your iPod touch. Podcast are in the near future. A new calender event add will be available, users can now add their own background images to the home screen from their photo albums on their mac or pc. One of the most exciting updates is a new mail application suitable for the most used online mail programs and the ability to add your garage band music. Sorry Windows users. There are more, but why ruin the surpise...."

And, there was some talk on the new itunes update:

"...a lot of people don't know this, but this new itunes update WILL include some 3rd party applications for the user to download onto his or her ipod. The selection will be very limited as Apple is experimenting with the idea."

Get ready for a new iPod touch on that November 5th Day.

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

3. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

4. Nicky-Larson macrumors member

Interesting

Still would have to wait till the first people experiment and tell what the did is with the new update. That "Bricking" sh** that happened last time was not cool and I don't want to be part of that statistics. But those are sure some very interesting updates. I sure would love to see a full list of all the new things that would be added. But until I hear from others, I will abstain from this.

5. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

yeah,,,i think apple would have to come up with something amazing for me to give up having the features I have now....although it sounds like this update will satisfy alot of people...wonder how long it will take for this version to be hacked? should be alot harder assuming they fix the tiff exploit.

6. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Not bloody likely.
    Wouldn't it be 2.0 anyway?

7. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I call BS on this - the quote is full of spelling and grammatical errors and the version number of 2.1.1 doesn't make any sense

8. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

How about giving us a link to these "numerous" sites. Otherwise, just putting quotes around something is no proof.

9. cazlar macrumors 6502

Not that I believe the OP, but if there was an update, the TIFF bug would likely be patched. However, what is more important is if the symlink workaround still works. Then you could downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak with existing TIFF bug and set up symlink, and then upgrade again. If that doesn't work, a new exploit will need to be found to hack it again.

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Apple never annnounces when new updates will be available. This alone makes this new update "announcement" wortheless.

11. Kyle Maurer macrumors newbie

I am actually happy, this update will let us add calandar events!! Yahoo! :apple:

12. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

^^^You can already do that after Jailbreak!! Google!

13. Kyle Maurer macrumors newbie

I am not even attempting another jailbreak after what happened yesterday to my iPod because of it :D

14. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Let me add my voice to the numberous request for a source. :rolleyes:

15. Pared macrumors 65816

16. California King macrumors 65816

Step in the right direction! I just hope you won't have to restore to get this update.

17. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I'd hazard a guess at a firmware update for Touch/iPhone before the European launch of the iPhone on Friday anyway.

I don't believe this report though.

18. JWest macrumors 6502

This all sounds cool, and definitely is what people have been asking for, but I'm calling BS until I can see real proof. Saying that it came from "numerous websites" is too ambiguous, and is especially dubious since I have not heard a peep from all the major rumor/Apple news sites. But if it is true, it sounds like enough for me (personally) to unhack my 'pod, because it adds all the features that I care about and currently am getting through hacks, so if there's an "official" way to get them, I'd rather go that route.

19. drnycallstar19 macrumors member

This is totally bs. You can already add your own background picture from your own album.

20. Dublo7 macrumors regular

21. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

hmm would this be the same touch master from ipodtouchfans that can barely tie his own shoelaces?

22. agentkow macrumors 6502

agentkow

Curious: for someone who knows so much, this is their only post.

23. blueharvester macrumors regular

I'll believe it when I see it! Here's hoping though. I haven't jailbreaked my touch so the mail feature would be awesome for me.

24. seal macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the resume function is fixed, I bought a touch "Thinking it was going to be awesome but was very disappointed, I had a 60gb video before that I use in the car all the time, I bought the touch and when I am watching podcasts or videos it all fantastic until I puase it when the phone rings or have to get out of the car, when I want to resume, I have to unlock the touch then go and find the actual podcast I was watching, where as with the 60gb video I just got in the car and pressed play and it would resume, such a simple function but on the touch it is so annoying. Anyone know a fix for this or if it will be fixed in the update....?

25. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Not on the "home screen."

I am NOT updating until they come up with a 802.1x patch so I can connect to my campus internet like STEVE PROMISED FROM DAY ONE.