2.26 or 2.53

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Skibrett3211, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Skibrett3211 macrumors member

Skibrett3211

Wondering if there is really any difference in speed between a MBP with a 2.26 with 4g ram abd a 2.53 with 4g ram?

2. coast1ja macrumors 6502

There is a difference, but don't buy either... wait until the next revision is released (perhaps as soon as tomorrow!).

3. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Wait until tomorrow before making any purchase. The speed difference is very small. What will you be using it for?

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You will see that MHz difference if you are into music/video encoding, no where else.

Other factors that will have a better effect on the speed of your Mac are a faster RPM hard drive (or having an SSD instead of an HDD) and more RAM.

That small MHz difference isn't enough to be noticeable in everyday activities.

Oh, this suggestion is regardless of what happens today or tomorrow (any future MacBook updates). Rule of thumb is, small MHz differences account for nothing; unless you render, encode or decode a lot.

5. Skibrett3211 thread starter macrumors member

Skibrett3211

i'm waiting until the event, but i doubt that the i5 or i7 will be put into the
    13" MBP so if they update the specs I just didnt know wether to just get a dicounted 2.26 and upgrade the ram or get the 2.53 which would prob be the base for the 13"

I will be using my MBP for everyday stuff as well as music recording.

6. enberg macrumors regular

And if you render and encode a lot, you don't really want a laptop anyways. Unless you enjoy the sound of fans going full tilt.