2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo MBP was released in JUNE 2007!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThomasJL, Apr 13, 2010.

1. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Different model, but same family. C2Ds are old.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

So is Queen Elizabeth and the U.S.S. Nimitz.

5. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

6. RCGMac macrumors regular

Old maybe but not the same chip but congrats on making it seem that way. :rolleyes:The C2D chip in today's 13.3" MBP is different, faster frontside bus, supports more and faster RAM. I will agree, I am not happy that the 13.3" MBP received a pretty crappy update, but to imply that this is a processor that is three years old is just ignorant and irresponsible.

7. iChillax macrumors regular

iChillax

oh well. I'm still getting it because they are good chips and the computer runs fast

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Don't tell that to the Bismarck.

9. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

You are right, the C2D used in the "updated" 13" MBP is only 2 years old.

10. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Yeah, people can be so ignorant they forget that the MacOS just performs BETTER on equal hardware than Windows and doesn't get bogged down after two weeks from doing the DLL shuffle.

Raise your hand if you're still using a G4!! (a computer no less than five-years-old)

*raises hand*

At least the Bismarck is still in one piece!! Minus the dislodged guns and hatches and stern...

I'm angry >8

11. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Too bad it's only the operating system that performs better. Newer applications still need the increased processing power, even OSX can't save you from that. No denying though that the Mac OSX experience is a lot better on old hardware than the windows experience is.

12. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Yeah, like I said, how many G4's are still used as a person's main computer at 5-7 years of age!?

We've reached a sad...sad point in computer evolution. The processors are screaming by yet the developers aren't able to keep up.

It's like having a blower-mounted V8 1969 Dodge Charger in the crowded streets of New York. (Not just because you can't get it over 10mph, but because those depressed, angry drunkards only appreciate Picasso's scribbles and Mocha Café shiva whatever)

13. ThomasJL thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, fanboys really will defend any lame decision Apple makes. I remember, in late 2005, fanboys were defending Apple's decision to release an "updated" PowerBook with the same 1.67 GHz PowerPC processor from its previous revision earlier that year. It was lame, but at least back then, Apple had no choice since no faster PPC processors were available. Now, however, Apple uses a three-year-old processor when faster and newer processors are available. Even new Toshiba laptops that cost $600--which is half the price of Apple's cheapest ($1200) MacBook Pro have Core i3 processors! Click here if you don't believe that:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba...lack/9703393.p?id=1218153394199&skuId=9703393

14. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

And what's the use of posting untrue info (CPU same as 3 years ago)? As said above, it's not, just the same clock speed. Many things are different, such as FSB, model number, etc. 'nuff said, I could go on all day. (I would not want the Toshiba - it's got windows, for starters, and weighs 2 pounds more, 16:9 screen, about 1/2 the battery life...)

15. ThomasJL thread starter macrumors 6502a

By the way, that $600 Toshiba has a 500GB hard drive. But for double the price ($1200), I can get a MacBook Pro with half the hard drive space (250GB)! Wow, what a deal! :rolleyes:

16. o'malley macrumors newbie

*raises hand, cries a little, looks at apple.com/store again*

17. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Preferring a certain style and functionality (OS X) over substance (better hardware specs) is a matter of personal preference. Apple buyers have traditionally accepted the hardware limitation in order to maintain that which they deem important. This acceptance is validated by their continued acquisitions of these Apple products regardless of specification.

While many of us may prefer better specs, even if it results in a heavier system with a few hours less battery life, Apple didn't ask us, nor do they care. As long as whatever they produce sells, nothing will change.

I will personally wait for used and refurbs to update my work system (Mac) every 2 or 3 years but will annually refresh my Windows Blu-ray gaming beast because I can get so much more from several Windows hardware manufacturers.

Just remember preferring something different doth not a fanboy make.

Cheers,

18. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Hey everybody! Let's get angry and hang Apple for using old hardware and forcing us to buy it! I'm so sick of Apple forcing us to buy crappy products! I don't like the iPad and yet Apple forced us to buy one! I don't like the MacBook Air and yet Apple is forcing us to buy one!

Oh wait, that's not the case. That's just the scenario in which a person would be justified in crying about a computer company, it just seemed that was the case because soooo many people have diaper rash over Apple :p

Nobody is forcing you to buy it, grow up, move on, buy Pampers.

19. ThomasJL thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I will not do that because Pampers are a new technology. Instead, I will be like an Apple fanboy and buy cloth diapers because they are yesterday's technology. But I will only do so if the cloth diapers are more expensive (preferably double the price) than the newest and most technologically advanced Pampers.

20. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I don't care what you do, just take care of that ass rash, FAST.

21. wrightc23 macrumors regular

It's the same architectural design, C2D design actually dates back to 2006.

22. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

I was using a G4 iBook 1.33GHz up until about two weeks ago I gave it to my mom because I got the new 13" Macbook Pro today but the iBook still runs great.

23. ThomasJL thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, and as far as the 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo 13" MacBook Pro that was also just released today and sells for $1500, you can get a QUAD-CORE Core i7 Toshiba for the exact same price! Click here to see for yourself:
    http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X500

It's model X505-Q870.

The outdated 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo chip was first released in a MBP in October 2008! Click here for proof:
    http://apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=mbp_late_08&sort=date&performa=off&order=ASC

Furthermore, that Toshiba has a 500GB hard drive, which is bigger than the 320GB on that MBP. Also, the Toshiba has a Blu-ray ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive with Labelflash.

24. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

OMG, do you know what this means?! It means...if you want more power for less you can buy that laptop and stop bitching about Apple!

Nobody is forcing you to buy the MacBook Pro, until you stop wetting yourself, I, and anybody with a brain, will leave you to wallow in your self-imagined misery.