2.4Ghz MacBook Alu or 2.0Ghz and Snowboard????

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacsBestFriend, Nov 10, 2008.

1. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

I have finally saved enough money for my 2.4 Aluminum MacBook! The only problem is that I am having second thoughts about putting all my eggs in one basket, and something is telling me to buy a 2.0 and use the left over money to buy a 300 snowboard ('08 Rome Crail and some cheep burton bots and bindings). I have snowboarded for a year or so and I am going to this year. I just want my own board and my parents are already taking us on a weekend ski trip. Anyone have an idea on what I should do?

I have to know by this weekend when I go to the Apple store. Thanks!:eek:
    :):D;)
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I say Buy both 2.0 and the snowboard :) you wont really notice the speed and you will have 2 NEW Toys on your Ski Trip!!!!!!!!!! Have Fun!!!

3. MacsBestFriend thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

Thanks! That is the way I'm starting to go... I just really like the backlit keyboard...

4. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

Or keep saving a little longer and get the 2.4 and the snowboard.

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Is the backlighting worth the fun you might have with a new 'board?

I chose the 2.0 cause I couldn't swallow the idea of paying and extra $350 (CDN) just for a little light behind the keys. The processor difference won't be noticed, and HD space isn't an issue for me.

While not having the backlit keys is an adjustment from my MBP, the MB is still perfectly usable.

6. chukwithak macrumors member

2.0 and snowboard. I had to chose between 2.0 and a season pass and I'm so stoked I didnt get the 2.4. I really havent noticed a difference other than my lights dont light up. NWI to me.

7. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

If you like shiny lights, get the 2.4. Otherwise 2.0.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well, when do you need your SnowBoard and/or MacBook? If you need the Snowboard like now, go with the 2.0GHz and Snowboard.

If you need the Snow Board or MacBook at a latter time, get the item you want most right now, and save for later to finish getting what you want.

If you can't resist the bright lights in the keys, then get the 2.4GHz and save up for the board again.

Either way, be sure to get what you want and you will love your MacBook.

9. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

wax up the 2.4 and charge down the hill on it!

J/J, lol.

actually, being a heavy snow boarder myself, unless you ride more than 3 times a season, I would get the 2.4 and rent a board/boots......

10. MacsBestFriend thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

Thanks for all of the replies! I was at the mall today and after I saw a movie I headed to the Apple Store and was blown away by how the MacBook looked in person! My mom saw it also and wanted me to buy an Air until I showed her the price. I also went to Zumiez and saw the price for a snowboard special and was amazed that there was nothing decent for under $300. I imagined the MacBook was larger than it turned out to be, but it still is totally awesome! But, if anyone can change my mind, I'm open to suggestions!:D
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

11. MacsBestFriend thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

lol, i could leave the isight turned on going downhill for some mad footage! i probably won't snowboard more than three times a year unless i join ski club at my school. so i probably won't really need a board this year. thanks!

12. kunze50 macrumors regular

I really think it would be hard to find a complete setup for $300.00. For a good cheap setup: Board +$300.00, Bindings around: $80.00, Boots: $75.00 - 150.00. I suppose you could find previous year equipment which would change things alot. I think I would buy the 2.4 GHz w/ apple care and make that the item to cherish. But it does depend on how much you make it to the hill. I would rent if it's a few times a year. That's my thoughts.

13. MacsBestFriend thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

Yup! Even looking at last years equipment on sierrasnowboard.com i could only get a halfway decent setup with 08 and 07 equipment for 400 bucks. :(

14. therealdt macrumors regular

lease the board and get the alum

not sure where you're from, as places around my way you can lease the whole whop for under 250