2.9/32/560x 2018 mbp artifacting issue

cstm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Am I the only one who has issues with artifacting in the new 2018 mbp?

IMG_7341.jpg IMG_7339.jpg

Here's what this thing looks like when playing videos on youtube in safari fullscreen. Anyone with a 2018 mbp 15inch mind playing a youtube video in safari fullscreen mode so that the control panel disappears and tell me if you notice this? It would seem like a software issue, but if I'm the only one that this is happening to...

Last edited:

leman

macrumors G4
Oct 14, 2008
I’ve noticed something similar occasionally. Seems to be a bug in the video software...

Reactions: cstm

MBP18user

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
Yes, i had a thread on this a while back. Same happened to me. I submitted a bug report to apple as it looks like it might be a software issue, i suggest you do the same.

vader26

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2006
Seattle
Same thing happens on my 2018 MBP, only with certain videos, and only when the control panel is not showing. If I move the mouse to bring the control panel back in full screen, the artifacts will disappear.

I'm on the public beta and sent a report, Apple replied that there were changes in build 18B50c that may have resolved the issue - it didn't (for me). At least Apple seems to be aware of it, and is trying to implement changes that should resolve.

8SlaiN8

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018

View attachment 794004 View attachment 794005

Here's what this thing looks like when playing videos on youtube in safari fullscreen. Anyone with a 2018 mbp 15inch mind playing a youtube video in safari fullscreen mode so that the control panel disappears and tell me if you notice this? It would seem like a software issue, but if I'm the only one that this is happening to...
It seems like an issue with integrated graphics. If you'd force it to use dedicated chip it will disappear. (you can do so by disabling automatic graphic switch in power saving options)
Cheers

lintabutt

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2018

View attachment 794004 View attachment 794005

this is exactly what is happening with me too...is it happening only in safari or chrome?? for me its happening on both and I recently went to the apple store and they advised me to wait for the next update. did you manage to solve the issue? do you have any leads on the whole thing?
[doublepost=1539469443][/doublepost]
guys the problem is old, Apple already said the issue is with safari browser and they are working on it
see the link
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macbook-pro-video-glitches-when-full-screen-in-safari.2137450/

On last Mojave beta the issue is fixed for me and others
im having the problem on chrome too though...

fokmik

macrumors 601
Oct 28, 2016
USA
if you have the issue on every browser , than you should check your mac at apple store

lintabutt

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2018
if you have the issue on every browser , than you should check your mac at apple store
It’s not happening on Firefox though...I did go at the Apple store but they advised me to wait for the next mojave update because there was apparently no hardware issue that they could find.

fokmik

macrumors 601
Oct 28, 2016
USA
ok, nice, like i said, the latest beta for us, fixed the issue with video on brower

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.