2 Day Old MBP. Should I...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by carfac, Feb 6, 2009.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Hi. I got a brand new MBP 2 days ago. Really, it is pretty nice. Unfortunately, this site has made me a bit anal retentive about all the little things... and these probably are little things. But I need to know!

1) Should I have gotten iLife 09? I have 08. How do I get the 09?

2) Concerned about battery. According to coconut, after one cycle, shows a max capacity of 4600mA. The MacRumors Battery FAQ says it should start out at 5500, and be 80% (4400) after 300 cycles. Should I be hopping up to the Apple Store for a replacement?

3) The keyboard backlight is rather, uh, spastic. It cycles on and off every 30 seconds or so. Very annoying.

OK, I know, I am being anal... it is all this sites fault! :)

2. kolax macrumors G3

1. You can get iLife 09 as a free upgrade (you have to pay P&P).

2. 4600mA is what your Unibody MacBook Pro battery will hold, new.

3. It is meant to. If you don't use the computer for 30 seconds, then the backlight for the keyboard will go off. Save battery life.

3. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

Browsing on these forums awhile, you'll notice a lot of people responding saying "search because this topic has already been discussed" lol.

1. Since you got iLife 08, you have to pay a $10 upgrade for iLife 09.

2. Batteries usually take a while to "break in" or you have to go through a couple of cycles to get it to become accurate. Have you callibrated your battery?

3. You probably have weird lighting, because the backlight turns on/off when the lights are off/down. Try to find the settings and change it to how you like.

I'm definitely no expert on any of these topics.. I don't even own any macs lmao. But I think this should help. If you need further info just search on the forums and I'm pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for.

And if I'm wrong, I'm probably gonna be corrected soon anyways.

4. emotta macrumors member

I got my MBP last week and it came with an ilfe 09 cd. it seems like they opened the box to put the cd there. or to put finger prints on my monitor!

5. aresinferno macrumors regular

I recieved my macbook pro 2 days ago. Did you order it online or did you get it in store? Store bought macbooks were most likely set up before ilife 09 was available.
    I recieved mine with 08 pre-installed. It even said 08 on the side of the box. However with the other CDs and booklets i found the 09 disk. If you ordered online then you should have it. If not then you can upgrade for P&P or you could possibly try an apple store and see if they will let you upgrade there.